🐈
» Forums » Clients » Custom invite message when I invite a freelan...
Page options
f6a69b6b
Community Member

Custom invite message when I invite a freelancer (not the standard boilerplate)?

I searched help and the community and couldn't find an answer to this one.  

When I invite a freelancer I want them to know that I've thoroughly read their profile and am specifically inviting them. 

Is there a way to edit the message that automatically goes to them?  I just invited someone to my job and when I clicked "invite" it just turned the button a different color and said "invited."  I didn't get the chance to write or say anything.

I'm especially keen on this because I'm a freelancer and I've seen tons of the willy nilly, click click click invites where the client is obviously not reading my profile and doesn't know what I do.  I want to do the right thing and avoid this.  

It seems like it should be possible - but my button click just immediately led to a finished invite I could not see or edit.

Thanks!

Steve 

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

You can go to the freelancer's profile and click on the 'Invite' button there. It should give you the option to type a brief message for them. For more information on sending invites, you can check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

That doesn't work.  I just sent another invite to different freelancer.  I opened his profile, kept it open, looked it over in detail and clicked the button as you said.  Same behavior.  See screeshot. It immediately switched to "invited" without any screen to type anything into.

I read the article you posted - no help there either.  

Maybe this is why when I'm a freelancer all I see is boilerplate "Hi I'd like to invite you to a job......."

Hi Stephen,

In this case, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f6a69b6b
Community Member

This is getting sort of humorous.  The instructions they sent are the same. 

This time I recorded a screen video which shows me exactly following your instructions and the other tech's instructions.  I click the button and then it does NOT bring up the screen you guys keep referring to.

I know it's working for you, but it's not working for me. I would post it here but it has a freelancer's face and his profile in the video.  I posted it for the ticket tech.  

Steve 

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the follow-up. Yes, it would be best to share the info with the agent assisting you through the ticket so they can check and help you from there. Sorry for any inconvenience this could've caused you and kindly communicate through that ticket if you have any questions so that the team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths