Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Customizing payment methods based on contract type

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 24

Hi Josh, 

You should be able to manage your Financial accounts under Settings> Financial Accounts, where you can select which Financial account is linked to which team and under Billing Methods where you can add separate Billing methods to financial accounts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Dan R Member Since: Jan 31, 2020
12 of 24

setting up team requires an upgrade and 49 monthly fee. I don't think it's warranted. You can set up a second account on Upwork and use different credit card there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 24

Dan R wrote:

You can set up a second account on Upwork and use different credit card there.

.....which is a violation of Upwork's terms of service and once you're caught, both your accounts are history.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Marissa A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
14 of 24

I just had a problem related to this. I made a bunch of payment yesterday (or at least I thought I did). I had set up my credit card as payment method. When i was done, I changed back to Paypal for future payments. Today I realized the payments weren't processed until today and they were all charged to my Paypal.

Unfortunately, Upwork can't do anything about it. They won't make a refund and charge my credit card instead. It's a big issue for me. Their workaround was closing all contracts and ask the freelancers for a refund, which I don't agree with.

Highlighted
Barry H Member Since: Nov 28, 2016
15 of 24

This is a real pain - setting the wrong payment method as default, forgetting to change it back, and upwork won't refund me. Ugh. Why isn't this feature available yet....

Highlighted
Graham S Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
16 of 24

I cannot believe this is STILL not an option!

Incredibly frustrating and enough to make me want to leave upwork.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 24

Hi Graham,

I'm sorry you feel this way, please consider creating teams in order to be able to use different billing methods for different contracts.

Highlighted
Tamar M Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
18 of 24

Once teams have been set up, how do I assign current existing contracts to that team?  (In order to fix this problem described above.)  

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
19 of 24

Hi Tamar, 

I checked your My Freelancers page (Freelancers > My Freelancers), and can see you were able to assign your freelancers and their contracts to their appropriate teams. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Tamar M Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
20 of 24

I actually did not assign them to a team.  They have a contract assigned to them, but not a team.  I did set up the teams, however.  The two projects I have going are both assigned to my personal profile "team."  

Please help. I want to make sure that the wrong CC isn't charged.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS