1 of 8

Howdy, Members:

My current developer is requesting the following:

1. shell access to d7live for css uploads
  2. drupal multisite installed inside d7live, using table prefixes
  3. phpmyadmin database access to d7live
  4. drupal admin access 

QUESTION:  

Does Drupal Multisite configuration require **root access** by developer to server to accomplish the above?

Thank you in advance for a prompt and detailed response.;

~ Alan

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 8

Alan:

If you really want this issue answered properly, you should post it on the main Upwork site as a job posting:

http://www.upwork.com

ea088ce1
Ace Contributor
Alan B Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
3 of 8

Respectfully, I don't think posting this question outside of the forum is appropriate... this is not a job posting... so not until I feel comfortable with a competent resolution.

Thx.  ~ Alan

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 8

This would be a good question for stack overflow.

ea088ce1
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

StackOverflow... not familiar... please explain your thinking. 

Thx.  ~ Alan

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

I would ask drupal forums or stackoverflow. I don't know d7live and I doubt you'd get a straight answer here but I would bet stack overflow could give ou some good insight or even drupal forums.

I don't blame you for being suspicious.  I'm a windows person and if someone asked me for admin access I'd ask them for what they want to do so I can do it.

claudiacezy
Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
7 of 8

@Alan B wrote:

Howdy, Members:

QUESTION:  

Does Drupal Multisite configuration require **root access** by developer to server to accomplish the above?

Yes, it's required, it makes the process straight forward. However, if you have a control panel installed on your server, and feel comfortable to navigate it (create ftp accounts, databases/users, add domains...), you can discuss with your developer to follow the process based on access to a ftp account, phmypadmin and drupal admin.

ea088ce1
Ace Contributor
8 of 8
@Alan B wrote:

Howdy, Members:

QUESTION:  

@Claudia wrote:

• 1.  Yes, it's required, it makes the process straight forward.

• 2.  However, if you have a control panel installed on your server, and feel comfortable to navigate it (create ftp accounts, databases/users, add domains...), you can discuss with your developer to follow the process based on access to a ftp account, phmypadmin and drupal admin.

Claudia:

Appreciate your clarification.

I have a working familarity with Wordpress... however ZERO with Drupal.

#2 - Part of the SCOPE included developer bringing me up to speed with control panel navigation as you outline... however tempermental issues have intervened... compromising my confidence in our working relationship. We are close to project development completion... however this issue has substantially slowed progress.

I am making much prayer to be able to move forward!  Smiley Wink

Thx.  ~ Alan

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS