Did you mean: 

Deadlines

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 18

if it's not the due date it ain't the do date

Maria J Member Since: Jul 23, 2017
12 of 18

You are not alone, and there is not any help from Upwork to protect clients when this occurs.

What we did to try and mitigate these situations is create a freelancer contract where work cannot be submitted after a deadline has passed, and freelancer must reach out before continuing to log hours worked. Also, definitely turn on the feature to disable manual hours logged. Definitely will save you money and frustration.

Community Guru
13 of 18

what does manual time have to do with turning stuff in on time?

Maria J Member Since: Jul 23, 2017
14 of 18

Then you at least can see through the work diary whether they have even begun work! 

Community Guru
15 of 18

that's why you hire professionals, buddy. You don't need to know when they start. You just need to pay and sit back and relax.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
16 of 18

From a freelancer perspective, I want to suggest that it's very important that clients actually discuss deadlines rather than rely on the milestone deadline. In addition to the fact that those deadlines have no actual effect in the Upwork account, many clients don't use them, choose random dates, or end up with some sort of default date they weren't even aware of.

I've had many clients accidentally create a deadline that's the same date as the offer date, though we've agreed that I won't even be starting for a few days. I've had clients post a deadline a week out, but then come looking for the work in a day or two and say something like, "Oh, that was just a placeholder. I actually need it today." 

I'm sure my experience in this isn't unique, and that many freelancers rely of necessity on discussed timelines versus Upwork milestone deadlines. 

Community Guru
17 of 18

discussing deadlines and actually making them is what separates the men from the boys

Ebony L Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
18 of 18

If you have having trouble with freelancers meeting deadlines, and these deadlines are important to your project, then you can always try using hourly contracts instead of fixed-price cleanmaster

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS