🐈
» Forums » Clients » Decline other freelancers after making a cont...
Page options
10856e04
Community Member

Decline other freelancers after making a contract with one of them for a project

Hello, I have a project, I have already invited 20 freelancers for review. Today I hired one of them, now I want to decline my previous invitations to other freelancers, but I can't do it. The decline option is not available in the project for those invitations now. Now I don't want to receive any message from those freelancers, how can I decline them?

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Ben,

Just to confirm, are you referring to not receiving any more proposals for this job post? If that's the case, you can close the job post. That way, freelancers wont be able to apply anymore.

~Andrea
Upwork
10856e04
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. My case is different. I invited some freelancers to one of my projects, and as I remember 4 of them accepted my invitation, and I hired one of them without declining the others. But I receive messages from unhired freelancers about the project.  How can I decline them, now there is no decline button for them or It will be done automatically?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for clarifying! You should be able to access the freelancer's proposal and click on the three dots button there. You'll see this dropdown where you can decline the candidate. 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths