🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Declined jobs: message to the client?
Page options
versailles
Community Member

Declined jobs: message to the client?

One can decline an invite and they can add a message to the client.

Is this message displayed for the client to see, and if yes, where? I think I remember having seen a message from a FLer that I invited and who declined my invite, but I'm not 100% sure now...

What about the reason selected when they decline? Is this carried over to the client?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rene and others,

Please, see my most recent update on this thread.

Valeria K. wrote:

I'd like to update this thread with the information about a recent change in this area. Now by design decline reasons as well as the optional message is sent to the client.

It's sent to the client as an email notification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I declined one this morning and it said something like "the client will not see the reason you declined".  But I believe that if you write a note, they will see it.

I'd also like to know (I have forgotten) does Upwork edit the message to the client? 

When you click on the invite after declining with a personal message your words show up in the top right hand corner immediately following "declined".  As it shows on the actual  RFP I must assume the client sees it.

Would appreciate a moderator's confirmation of this.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rene and others,

Please, see my most recent update on this thread.

Valeria K. wrote:

I'd like to update this thread with the information about a recent change in this area. Now by design decline reasons as well as the optional message is sent to the client.

It's sent to the client as an email notification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you so much Valeria. I included the screenshot that you made earlier below in this thread: Declined Invitations

Okay, so the text in the message field is sent to the client. Good to know. Which brings me to this: out of curiosity, who reads the Enter a reason text field? Do Upwork teams peek into what people write in there and do they use this information to improve the system?

I just read your follow up message and you added:

Capture d’écran 2019-05-15 à 17.47.14.jpg

The screengrab below represents how things worked before and now both the areas are now conveyed to the client. That's just perfect.

Screenshot_3.png

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

The reason shouldn't be shown to client.

See page 7 on the link Valeria posted.  Saving y'all time so you don't have to wander thru the entire thread.  Smiley Happy

Wendy C wrote:

See page 7 on the link Valeria posted.  Saving y'all time so you don't have to wander thru the entire thread.  Smiley Happy

And Valeria and Lena have kindly posted us an example what clients see on their end. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 12.10.00 PM.png

Latest Articles
Learning Paths