🐈
» Forums » Clients » Delete Teams
Page options
jwchong
Community Member

Delete Teams

Hi,

I saw message "Hidden teams are shown in gray", but how can I delete the teams? The Actions available are Show / Hide team.

23 REPLIES 23
melaniemaghanoy
Community Member

Hi JW, we'll reach out to you directly with further assistance.

How do I delete a team?

Hi Ikechukwu,

You can remove team members by accessing your settings and then navigating to Members & Permissions. Next to each team member there is an option to "Remove From Team".

Please review this article for more information about adding or removing team members.

~Nina

I would like to delete one of my teams as well. Not just hide it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabe,

Please follow guidelines Nina have shared in the post above. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
qazam
Community Member

Hi.

So in eighteen months noone could say for sure whether it is possible to delete a team (not a team member but an empty team) or not?

kiranfaraz
Community Member

I also want to delete an entire team. Please share if anyone knows.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Can you please send me more information via PM about your request and we will assist you directly further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shitmade
Community Member

How can I delete this? There is no delete button?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Elron,

I`m sorry about the delay, one of our team members reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with deleting your teams. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Seems there ought to be a straight answer to an honest question without having to take it 'offline'. Can we delete teams, yes or no? Is there no FAQ with this answer? Why would I PM you for a simple feature/how to question?

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, a team can't be deleted. You can check this help article for more information on how to hide a team.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Well that's fair. I think that's all people wanted, is a searchable answer.
Maybe a reason. "Teams can't be deleted because that would impact work
history on both ends (upworker and client). Best practice is to hide teams,
which you can do by clicking x." I can get behind answers like that 🙂
4095b85d
Community Member

I think I am also facing this issue. Did you get any proper solution?

Psiphon

Hi everyone

It seems that there is no delete button next to my team member's name.

Can anyone help me please ?

Hi Felana,

Please send me a PM with your team name and one of our team members will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you assist me with removing teams?  

Hi Kevin,

You can hide teams, but there is no option to delete the teams you created. I checked your account and it looks like you have already hidden two teams in your account. Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can't find any option to PM you, I would like to delete empty teams, please.

Hi Rajat,

I just reached out to you via PM with the title Test. You can open your private messages by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right corner and follow up there with more details if any help is needed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
greenen
Community Member

I would also like to delete some old teams.. Please reach out to me...

Hi Ian,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b09a1c19
Community Member

To be honest, I've never witnessed such a daft feature, you mean you can create but you can't delete a team, what development design and team do you have, nuts 0 out of 10 for technical design.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths