🐈
» Forums » Clients » Deleting Messages a necessity
Page options
78fe7f2f
Community Member

Deleting Messages a necessity

Upwork needs to add a way to archive or delete messages, it's innefficient to work around old jobs and messages. I have messages from people that bid on projects that weren't hired, and older messages on jobs completed etc. I can hide the conversation, but it appears again everytime I reopen the app. This isn't rocket science, let's make this happen. I want to clean out my inbox.

Something else...There should be some way of categorizing the inbox, so that you can separate jobs...I have made the mistake on occasion of messaging someone about a job they aren't even bidding on because the inbox setup is such a mess

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi M C,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi M C,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.

The 'team" is already aware of how much we hate our message rooms. We have complained about this for ages. I am sick to death of seeing interviews from years ago for jobs I didn't get. Hiding is temporary ... they just pop up again.

Geez Upwork, why are some of the simplest improvements we ask for never acted on?  Stop spending time mucking up how freelancers and clients interact with each other, and instead work on making the UI/UX a better experience.

How is this not fixed? This is so annoying and yet so simple. Do you need help? There are thousands of developers on the platform I am sure one could get the job done.

Hi Brian,

We appreciate your suggestion. We aren't aware of any plans to add this feature. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths