🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not able to delete ONLY client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

386 REPLIES 386
88297cf3
Community Member

Please close my client account too I cannot find the button on my page. thanks

Hi Yuen,

Your account has been closed as you have requested. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1cae4df2
Community Member

HelloCan you please delete my client account, I create a client account by mistake

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nozizwe,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. If you would like to be able to submit a proposal as a Freelancer, you will need to create a Freelancer account and get it approved.  

You can be a Client and a Freelancer using the same account, or you can close your Client account once you open the Freelancer part of it. To create a Freelancer account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

You will need to fill out your application and submit it for a review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1cae4df2
Community Member

Hello

I would like to delete my account.

Hi Nozizwe,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you close my client account as well? Thank you

Hi Alessandro,

Your client profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Would you please delete the client account in my profile as well? I have no idea how it got there, it has the name of one of my first clients way back when Upwork was Odesk

Thanks in advance 🙂

Solgun Tveit

Hi Solgun,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

Please delete the client account on my profile. Thanks

Hi Lorna, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you have a client account. Are you referring to the teams you are associated with. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello !  I am having trouble deleting my client account. I already have closed any jobs associated with it but it is telling me to close any contacts that I have, I dont have any active contacts with a freelancer yet.  I only want to close my client account but not my freelancer account, is there a way for this to be possible?
Can someone please close my client account but not my freelancer account.
Thank you in advance!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julianne, 

I'll go ahead and close the client context of your account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Bojan S, Can you please delete my client profile as well? I just want to keep the Freelancer profile.

Hi Usman,

We'll go ahead and close your client account from our end, as you have requested. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Have you deleted my Upwork account? I just asked you to delete the client
profile and not my Account. I wanted to keep just Freelancer profile. Can
you please enable my account so that I can use my Freelancer profile.

Hi Usman,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan S,

I can log into my account now and only my Client profile is deleted. That's what I wanted.

Thanks for your help sir.

9d441a94
Community Member

Hi

I created new client account by mistake called "Remove". Can you remove only this client account please. Thanks

Hi Iliya,

As requested, your client account has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I want to delete only my Client account.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message.

Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
b6152609
Community Member

I want to close my client account without closing my freelancer account.
Please help.

Hi Leo,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
77ad17ae
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm unable to delete my client profile. Please close it.

Hi Soren,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
herodrigues
Community Member

I'm trying to delete only my client account. It has no members or active contracts.

The problem is that the link for account deletion in the Client settings section is the same for deleting the freelancer account.

A friend of mine who was new to Upwork accidentally created a client account for the first time. Then, he created a freelancer account and tried to delete the client account. What happened next is that all of his accounts were deleted.

The same is happening with me. The only difference is that I'm not able to delete my freelancer account because I have an open contract as freelancer.

Anyway, I'm not trying to delete my freelancer account, but the client account deletion link points to the wrong location.

As client

1. Select my client account in the upper right corner.

2. Go to Settings > My Info

3. Link for account deletion is https://www.upwork.com/UserSettings/profile/close-account

As freelancer

1. Select my freelancer account in the upper right corner.

2. Go to Settings > Contact Info

3. In the account info section, the link for closing account points to https://www.upwork.com/UserSettings/profile/close-account.

So, they're the same!! What's the correct link for deleting only my client account?

Why do you need to delete ONLY your client account?

Just don't use it.

It's like there's a piece of scotch tape stuck on the underside of the back deck at the cabin your grandparents own in Colorado.

Nobody can see the tape unless they crawl under the deck and look for it.

If you don't look at it, it won't affect you.

This is not a harsh answer, but the reason is simply because I want to close this account.

If there's a link for closing my client account under the settings section, why does it not work?

And if it doesn't work, why does it exist?

Hello Herinson,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will close your Client account shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi, Ryan!

Thanks for that!

So, it seems one is not possible to delete only a client account following the steps at Upwork FAQs.

I think this feature should me removed or at least it shoud be some sort of note in the docs regarding to this issue.

Hello Ryan

I am unable to delete client account from my freelancer account. Please remove it from there. I have created it by mistake.

Hi Navin,

We've deleted your client account from our end. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello,

Can you please delete my account as well? It seems you've purposefully altered the UI so there is no way for users to do this themselves. 

Hi Kristina,

We have closed your account from our end. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Can you please delete only client accounts from my freelancer account please?

Hi Pushpendra,

I will reach out to you via PM with more details, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir
I just want to close my client account

I created it by mistake kidnly help me to remove that I just want to use my freelancer profile 
Thankyo

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths