🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Deleting a client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

386 REPLIES 386
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma. Minette,

Please follow the steps Avery shared yesterday in this thread.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello Sir,

Please do delete my client account. I have never used.

Warm regards,

CKS

Hi Chandan,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request. As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, can I ask if you could delete my client account as well. I don't have plans of using it. thank you

Hi John,

Your client is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, Goran. Can you please delete my client account on UpWork? I've created it by mistake

Hi Alexey,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Goran, could you please close my client account? It is linked with my freelancer account. I want only my client account deleted, I've followed all procedures but they're not working for me.

thank you.

Hi Promise,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, can you please delete my client account as well. I don't need it. thank you.

Hi Tashfeen,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist in closing your client account as requested. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar, kindly close my client account as i will not use it. I have not have any luck. I will keep my freelancer account as i am an active freelancer on Upwork. So kindly close only my client account. Thank you

Hi George,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

I have both a freelancer and a client account . I would like to delete my client account but this pops up:

At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open proposals. Please visit your Proposalspage and close your proposals.

I don't have any proposals open with my client account.

Please advise Smiley Happy 

Thanks

Hi Hamza,

I went ahead and closed your client account. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello there.

I have two client accounts besides my main freelancer account.  I want to close my client accounts (but not my freelancer account). Would you please assist me in closing my client accounts? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hi Md. Faruk, 

I looked into your account, and I can see that you are the company owner of the first client account, but another team member owns the second client account. They will need to close it on their end or request that we close the account. 

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and close the client account you own. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I want my account deleted too and my profile closed! Could you please let me know how to do that

Hi Elina,

You can find instructions on how to close your account here. If you experience any issues please let us know! 

~Andrea
Upwork
minette_6988
Community Member

Hi,

It won't allow me to and is asking me to call Upwork support.

Hi Ma. Minette,

Thanks for following up. I checked and will ask someone from our team to contact you directly and assist you with closing your client profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Please sir, delete my client profile also.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Ratan,

Your Client part of the account was closed, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
adac4828
Community Member

Please close my account too

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robin,

Your account is closed now, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f270f6df
Community Member

Hello,

Please close my account too.

I mistakenly create a client account instead of freelancer account.

Thanks.

Hi Lousie,

Our team will close your account as soon as possible. If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please close my client account as well. I'm not sure when I created this. I'm not using client account. I want to keep only my freelancer account. Thanks!

Hi Amandeep,

I checked your account and can confirm that your client account has already been closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Please delete my client account. I no longer use it and it seems that there are still activities.

Thanks!

Hi Mariel, 

I'll go ahead and close your account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello !  I am having trouble deleting my client account. I already have closed any jobs associated with it but it is telling me to close any contacts that I have, I dont have any active contacts with a freelancer yet.  I only want to close my client account but not my freelancer account, is there a way for this to be possible?
Can someone please close my client account but not my freelancer account.
Thank you in advance!

Hi Mariel, 

I'm coming back here to inform you that I was unable to close your account because you are associated with a team. Please leave the teams that you are associated with by following the steps below: 

1. Go to Settings  My Teams
  2. Select Leave Team under Actions
  3. Repeat if you are on multiple teams. Once you leave all teams your account will be closed.

Once done, you can follow the steps here to close your account yourself. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread and I'll assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I also want to delete my client account because It was made by accsident when I sign up I didnt understand where to choose and I thought it was automatically freelancer account 

thanks

Hi Shayma,

Your client account is now closed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
buena-ann
Community Member

Can anyone also please delete my client account? I tried doing it through My Info but there is no link to close the account.

Thanking you in advance.

Rodelyn

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rodelyn, 

I'll go ahead and close your client account for you as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

Can you please close my client account too?

Thanks

Hi Alexandru,

Your Client part of the account was closed, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths