🐈
» Forums » Support » Deleting a client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

390 REPLIES 390

Hi Aubrey,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
a86005f8
Community Member

I set up a client account under my freelance account for a business I'm no longer working with. I receive an error message that "User is a member of an organization, where they're not the owner." I can't find support to fix this.

Hi Diana,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist you further with your request.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2ce6d8d1
Community Member

Hello, I wish to close my upwork client account. I have no company and I didn't know what to put so I input "Independent" on the company name even though I have one. I want to close my client account and continue on my freelancing account. Please help me with this so that I can start working again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Avril,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much. How do I resolve the Know Your Customer problem if I don't have a client account anymore. Please help me

Hi Avril,

The Know Your Customer verification process does not only apply to clients. Freelancers will still have to complete this process in order to keep their accounts active.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, how do I finish the Know Your Customer verification process. The one sent in my email is for client account. It is asking me to upload a bsuiness license or a bank statement. I do not have a client account anymore. Please help me with this

Avril, I see you've recently responded to the communication sent by the team about the verification. If you have any questions about the process, I'd suggest you post them on your ticket so we can assist you more efficiently. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ce6d8d1
Community Member

Hello, yes I've already responded to the ticket. But I don't receive any replies at all. Please assist me.

Hi Avril,

I checked the support request you are referring to and noticed that the last response was sent yesterday. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and update your request. 

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hello, it's been 24-48 hours and I still didn't get any replies. Please check, I can't work and withdraw since my account is on hold. 

Hello Avril,

Apologies for the delay in responding to the support request. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Upwork,

I've already sent my reply again and 24-48 hours has passed already again. Please help me with this, it's been a week since my account has been hold.

a11e8669
Community Member

I am not able to close my agency account. Everytime i click on the "Close my agency" button it gives error saying "remove all members of the agency". The fact is I am the only member of my agency with no active or past contracts. Kindly help

Hi Rehan,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist you further with closing your agency.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a5a9a53d
Community Member

Hello Avery!

Is there a way for me to close my client account without affecting my freelancer account on my own? I've read online that closing one account will automatically close the other, and I'd like to avoid any issues.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Khadija,

Your client account has been closed as per your request and you should still be able to use your freelancer profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you very much.

2c9f49bf
Community Member

Hello,

I accidentally created a client account which is tied to my freelance one. When I try to close the client one, a message appears stating I have open contracts (which I don't) and it won't allow me to proceed.

Can someone assist please?

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1913ecd6
Community Member

good day!please can someone help me how todelete a client account. 

hi 

Hi Ronilyn,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nasrin__akter
Community Member

I want to delete my client account without deleting my freelancer account.  can anyone help me?

Hi Nasrin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Nasrin,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I need to close an old account--It's like 8 years old and I used it for hiring freelancers. However, I no longer have that email and my password does not seem to work anymore. So, I cannot get into the account to close it. Upwork used to have real people who can help you but now they just have a chat Bot. The Bot truly does not understand my problem. It keeps telling me to log in so that I can close the account. Hello, I can't log in! The only thing I have that apparently works is my same phone number. I know this because I had to use a different number for my new account. Any ideas for what to do? 

Hi Maya,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you to coordinate and assist you with your account closure request.

~ Arjay
Upwork
87d05e30
Community Member

Hello, I was changing my registration to be corporate and I mistakenly clicked on the New Client Account button. How can I remove this profile and just keep my Freelancer profile as it was before?

Hi Luiz,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths