🐈
» Forums » Support » Deleting a client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

386 REPLIES 386
sandrojovanovic
Community Member

I want to delete my client account that is on the same username as my freelancer password. I've tried closing it but it deleted my freelancer account as well. I restored my account over Upwork's support. Now I want to do it the right way. Can someone please help me.

Hi Sandro,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to assist you with this. You should be hearing from them shortly, thanks!

~Nina

I have the same issue. Please let me know how to proceed. I haven't even used my client accounts in year's and have no open contracts.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nazneen, 

It looks like you requested account closure. I'm unable to check your account right now to double-check if you have any open contracts, job posts, or offers, but I wanted to double-check if you wanted to close just your client accounts, or did you want to close both your client and freelancer accounts? 

Let me know so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nazneen_h
Community Member

I want to delete my client account only I'm keeping my freelancer account.

Hi Nazneen,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
9c1b5842
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same issue. I have made a client account mistakenly. Can you please help me deleting it without deleting my freelance profile. Thanks

Hi Numra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
feea33f0
Community Member

Hi Avery, how can I delete a client account without deleting my freelancer account? 

Hi Abidemi,

~Andrea
Upwork
feea33f0
Community Member

Thank you Andrea

therese_ann
Community Member

I accidentally deleted my account. I have a freelancer and a client profile, I just want to close the client profile and when I clicked the close account on the client profile it also deletes my freelance account pls help me. my upwork email is still the same **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Therese Ann,

Since the old account's email address is the same as the email address from this account where you are posting from, we can't reopen it. Please change the email address associated with this account so that I can reinstate the old account as requested. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

**Edited for community guidelines**     

thank you so much!

Hi Therese Ann,

Your account was restored as per your request. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello sir,

I have the same issue. I have accidentally deleted my account. I just wanted to delete my client account. I had the same email address which I am using now. Please help me. I have already contact to  support@upwork.com  and my request no is Request #31782162 but I didn't get any reply.

Hi Aqsa,

I checked and it looks like the team has already replied to your support ticket. Could you please check your spam/junk folder to see if the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork
8011db70
Community Member

Thank you for your response. I didn't get any mail but they have recovered my account.

af33f6af
Community Member

I accidentally deleted my account. I have a freelancer client and agency profile, I just want to close the agency profile and when I clicked the close account on the agency profile it also deletes my freelance and clients account. The deleted account was used with the email **Edited for Community Guidelines**. 

Hi Dennis,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I went ahead and reopened your account (without the agency profile). Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much, Alexandr! You helped me a lot!

Hi Dennis,

It's my pleasure! Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket with more information about all this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

I have a client account that I'm unable to close, name is SCHC. 

Can somebody help?

Hi Noely,

You got it! Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
ar58p
Community Member

I have created a client account accidentally on my freelancer account. Now I just want to remove my client account.
How can I remove only my client account?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arindam,

I went ahead and closed your client account. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.
Have a good day.
Stay safe.

Can I get my client account deleted too?

Thank you!

Hi Radu, 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e0d0f615
Community Member

@adminsupport, please close my Upwork account.

Hi Troels,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3be29e41
Community Member

Hello all! I am trying to close my account since I am finishing with my job and the freelancer has already gotten paid, but I can't seem to close my account can someone please help? Thank you.

Hi Alam,

I went ahead and closed your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a1e3c355
Community Member

Hello! If I close my client account, will that be permanent? Will all my records be deleted like my email, payment info, etc?

I have had fun using Upwork and had really great experience, but I have no more work to outsource to as I am shifting my business model.

Thank you!

re: "If I close my client account, will that be permanent?"

Yes. It will be per closed until,such time as you decide to open it again.

re: "Will all my records be deleted like my email, payment info, etc?"

No.

None of that will be deleted. But it will not be accessible.

Eventually some key pieces of info such as credit card number will be deleted. But most anything associated with you account and Upwork activity will never be truly deleted, even if it is "deleted."

21b52545
Community Member

I've been to every corner of settings and contact info and am unable to delete my account. PLEASE delete my account. I haven't earned a dime from you guys and don't want to be on your website ever again. Please help.

Hi Taulant,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
433d94f6
Community Member

I want to delete my client account Please help me Thanks

Hi Ahsan,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
433d94f6
Community Member

Thank you so much

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths