🐈
» Forums » Support » Deleting a client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

390 REPLIES 390

Hi Emmanuel,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
e03cec11
Community Member

Thank you Andrea.

5e228830
Community Member

Hi Andrea,
I hope this message finds you well.

I also want to close my client account because I don't need it too and I  don't use it ,  but I want to keep my freelance account since I have active contracts in it.

How can I do that? 

Thank you in advance!

Hi Ajayi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
mansoorahmed121
Community Member

How to remove my Client account when i have sign up both freelancer and client account with same email. But i donot want to effect my freelancer account at the same time.

At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open proposals. Please visit your Proposals page and close your proposals. 

Next... Delete or close jobs you posted

Close my account
  •  go to Settings › Contact Info
  • Click the Close my account link
  • Click Confirm.
  • it is all

No Job post yet, but its showing you have proposals

Close the proposals now and then you will be able to close your client account.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your message. Your Client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
259c88e0
Community Member

I need your company to delete my profile and cancel my before I report you for fraud! I've tried for over an hour to delete my account and you purposely set us up to fail. 

delete my account and profile immediately I will never use this service again 

Hi Rahma,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
allaboutme84
Community Member

Hi,

I want to close my client account because I don't need it and I've never used it, but I want to keep my freelance account. 

How can I do that? 

Thank you in advance!

Hi Vasilena,

Your client account is now closed as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,
I hope this message finds you well.

I also want to close my client account because I don't need it too and I  don't use it ,  but I want to keep my freelance account since I have active contracts in it.

How can I do that? 

Thank you in advance!

piajacob97_0-1699159692235.png

Hi Sophia Christy,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
crismarksotto
Community Member

Hi,

I'm looking for help.

Kindly close my client account (not my freelancer account). Please only close my client account. I'm still using my freelancer account.

I tried to close it myself but unfortunately there's an error saying that I have to close my job posts. Upon checking, I have no job posts that are currently opened. All the job posts are closed.

Thank you,
Cris

Hi Cris,

Thank you for your message. Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aventureirx
Community Member

Hi, could you please delete my client account "BUKI OMO AKIB" and "DONOHTING"?

Hi Meiyi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9a456a1d
Community Member

Hi, I humbly need your help. I have a Freelancer Account and I accidentally created a Client Account. Can you help me to close the 'CLIENT ACCOUNT' only. 🥺

Thank you so much. This is my client name: Jasmin.N 

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

please help me close my client account

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out. Your client account has been closed as requested.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you

Hello,

Please close my account. I've already withdrawn my proposals and don't have any contracts or payments. I contacted support through the dialog but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Warren,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I'm having the same issue! My client account replaced my personal account. I haven't been working for this client for a long time now and I want them removed or linked in my Upwork account! The 'Get Support' bot did not help

Hi Aubrey,

Could you please confirm if you wish to close your client profile, and leave the freelancer profile active on your account? Looking forward to your response so that we can assist you accordingly. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Please close/delete my account. The "Contact Info" link does not open on my account so I cannot proceed. Thanks.

Hi Erika,

I'm sorry to learn that you wish to cancel your Upwork account. We always respect your decisions, so I've closed your account as requested. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
96bb54db
Community Member

Hello, I would like to delete my Client account made by mistaken, but I can not do it myself because of the Freelancer account. Some services are temporarly on hold because of the "Know your customer review" so I can not transfer the money earned in my Freelancer account to my Bank because of the Client account and its Identity Verification, then the payments has been disabled.

Could you please help me to delete my Client account and remove the hold ?

Thank you very much.

Mathieu

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
96bb54db
Community Member

Thank you.

inessantos2
Community Member

Hello I need help to close my account as a freelancer because the support they give to the so called "close account link"... that does not exist! i looked on every section of settings and profile!

Hi Ines,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your account. It looks like you have some submitted proposals that you'll need to withdraw before you can close your account. See this help article for more information on how you can withdraw your proposals. Once you do that, you can attempt to close your account again or reach out to us so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I don’t have time to read… so either I get a step by step or direct link to those, yet proposals I’ve sent are to projects that have been canceled at the end so it doesn’t make sense I’d have to have to delete it first.. and nowhere anywhere does anyone have to cancel whatever it is to be able to close account..delete my profile yourself then

Hi Ines,

I'm sorry to learn that you wish to close/delete your profile. If you wish to close your freelancer account, you must first Withdraw all proposals. We totally respect your decision. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
chris_robert
Community Member

I just noticed this "client account" for the first time. How do I close this?

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Chris, 

It looks like one of your clients added you to their team, which is why you see an option to switch to that team. You may bring this up with your client so you are on the same page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
chris_robert
Community Member

I don't recognize the name so it must be a client from long ago -- can I close it myself?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths