🐈
» Forums » Support » Deleting a client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

390 REPLIES 390

Hi Chris,

Thank you for following up. I see that you still have an active contract with this client. Feel free to connect with your client to clarify this and request removal from their team. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5a212404
Community Member

Greetings.

I have signed up as client account some years ago when I was young just from my curiosity.

But while working on many development project, I have decided to work as freelancer on this platform, so I had to create new account as developer on my client account page.

Is there any way to remove my client account on this platform? because I want to make my pure developer profile on Upwork , not linked with Client account.

I am new to this and appreciate your efforts for helping my problem in advance.

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand your concern and that can be arranged. I took the liberty of closing your client profile from your account and kept your freelancer profile active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5a212404
Community Member

Hello Arjay M, I am sending this message because I can client account on my profile still.

It seems it is still active and my account showing both.

Kindly remove the client profile, because I want to build my profile as freelancer.

That client acccount was made from my curiousity when I was young.

Let me know once you done.

Thanks again.

Oh, sorry, it was done, I did not refresh and clear my site cookies.

Let me ask lastly, can I recreate client profile when I need later and this will affect to my account or profile as freelancer?

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

If you'd like to reopen your client account you'll need to reach out to support in order to make that request. Your client profile has no influence on your freelancer profile.

~Andrea
Upwork
5a212404
Community Member

Hello, Andrea, thanks for the reply. my client account is still alive.

Kindly remove it , I want to keep only as freelancer profile on upwork.

Thanks.

I am so sorry guys for trouble.

I checked again and it is still showing client acount apparently.

Please find image atached.

Please help me to remove it besides freelancer profile.
And let me know whether I can  create it again later and it will affect to my profile as freelancer..

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

Could you please check again?

~Andrea
Upwork
5a212404
Community Member

Thanks, its done.

So I can create this account later if I need by clicking create button, right?

Thanks.

1e4de27c
Community Member

Hi. Please close my client account while keeping my freelancer account. Thank you for your help

Hi Yaroslavna,

I've closed your client profile as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7ede20d6
Community Member

Hello,

Can you please close my client account too?

Thanks

Hi Rakibul,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already closed your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

By mistake I had set up a client account whilst being a freelancer.

Can you please delete the client account/client company while still keeping my freelancer account. 

Thanks 

-Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out. Your request to close your client account has been processed.

~ AJ
Upwork
abeb369a
Community Member

i can not remove my credit card without adding a billling meethod. i want to remove it and delete the account. would my card be removed automatically if i delete the account?

Hi Miss,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
645c0195
Community Member

Hi, I need to close my client account without closing the freelancer account. When I try to close the client account it seems that it tries to close both. Please advise on the steps to be taken. Thanks in advance. 

Regards.

Muhammad Talha Ali Abbas Khan

Hii

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f2211c90
Community Member

In an attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, I closed my whole account! and I don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

Hi Tanjil Ahmed,

Could you please click on my name and send send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you're referring to? I'll take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f2211c90
Community Member

Hi,

Tried to message you directly. But didn't work

##- Hi, how may I help? -##

Get Outlook for Android<>
ab835492
Community Member

I followed the guidelines from the non-human support "chat" and still get an "unable to close your account" error message.  I'm then told to reach out directly to support but there is no mechanism in place to do that.  If some sort of human admin. reads this, can you please close/delete my account.  Thanks!

Hi Hank,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
580fa6c0
Community Member

Hello,

I have accidentally created two accounts on Upwork, without knowing it is against the terms of service. I am sorry for that. I have only baraley used the other account. Can you please close the other account registered on the email of **Edited for Community Guidelines**, there are no longer any problems. And can I please keep the account I am writing from. I really don't want to lose this account as well.

Thank you.

Hi Rudolph,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. That's correct! Users are only allowed to have one account and it's against Upwork's TOS to have multiple ones. However, I see that you created a client profile. Please be aware that you can be a freelancer and a client with just having a single account. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed.

Feel free to check this help article for more information about how to be a client and a freelancer. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance on your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
maliabid
Community Member

I want to delete my client account. Please do that

Hello Sir,

Please do delete my client account. I have never used.

Regards,

Muhammad Ali

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork

yes I do
8e4d282f
Community Member

I want to delete my client account help me

Thanks.

Muhammad Usman

Hi Muhammad,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
59d1b2e9
Community Member

Please help  to make my closed  client account.  Nripendra S.

Nripendrasarkar

Hi Nripendra, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you through this ticket link.

~ Ruth
aimeeksims
Community Member

Hi, my freelancer & client account are linked. I just want to close my client account. I ended all contracts but it's still not working.

Hi Aimee,

~ AJ
Upwork
27507b7c
Community Member

Hi,

I am a freelancer and i want to keep using my account. So I want this
client account remove from my profile. Thank you
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths