🐈
» Forums » Clients » Designed made me logo from free APP
Page options
ce5597dd
Community Member

Designed made me logo from free APP

Hi All,

I just hired a graphic designer for brand designing. She sent me logo option and i finalized one. Now when i check pinteret / google that logo design seems to be on all free logo app . I am very disappointed as i though i was paying for genuine work. I have commited to fixed amount of $180 of which $70 is for logo design. Can i dispute the work and get back my funds which are still in escow?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sadaf,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. Our team has reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your funds in Escrow and with your dispute if you would like to open one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Unfortunately, there are many "designers" on Upwork who steal logos and sell them to clients, and Upwork seldom removes them from the platform even when they're caught red-handed. My suggestion is to pay this freelancer $1 and leave a review of your experience, otherwise they'll continue to scam other clients (if you get a full refund, your feedback won't appear on the freelancer's profile). If I were you, I would take up my complaint with Upwork as well, because this is a huge problem and they need to take it more seriously.

I
Christine A wrote:
Unfortunately, there are many "designers" on Upwork who steal logos and sell them to clients, and Upwork seldom removes them from the platform even when they're caught red-handed. My suggestion is to pay this freelancer $1 and leave a review of your experience, otherwise they'll continue to scam other clients (if you get a full refund, your feedback won't appear on the freelancer's profile). If I were you, I would take up my complaint with Upwork as well, because this is a huge problem and they need to take it more seriously.

I wish they would just stop accepting new "graphic designers", and start weeding through and getting rid of any such as the OP had the misfortune of hiring. This is getting so very old.

amarmababa
Community Member

Hi Sadaf, I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. You may make a ticket to work to assist you further with your funds in Escrow and with your dispute if you would like to open one. Please submit proven screenshot.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Md Nazmul I wrote:

Hi Sadaf, I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had. You may make a ticket to work to assist you further with your funds in Escrow and with your dispute if you would like to open one. Please submit proven screenshot.

If a forum mod has already assisted the OP, it's not helpful for you to pretend to be a forum mod and possibly confuse the client asking for help ... all in the name of trying to improve your "badge". As you've been told in the coffee break forum, badges are meaningless.

Md Nazmul I wrote:

No. No. Sigh. Just no. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths