Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despotism

sdunkel
Ace Contributor
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
1 of 10

I do not want to be forced to leave a feedback if I choose not to.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 10

Clients do not need to leave feedback.

Leave the feedback comments section blank.

Click on the individual star ratings to set them all to 5.

And you're done. Don't overthink it.

If you simply do this every time, then it will not constitute "real" feedback because it required no thought on your part and didn't constitute an actual evaluation of a contractor's performance.

This is similar to how I refuse to participate in the objectionable aspects of the American tipping system. I tip 15% no matter how good or bad the service was. That way I am not forced to review the performances of a waitress when all I really want to do is eat out with my friends and enjoy their company.

hfspeegle
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
3 of 10

This is similar to how I refuse to participate in the objectionable aspects of the American tipping system. I tip 15% no matter how good or bad the service was. That way I am not forced to review the performances of a waitress when all I really want to do is eat out with my friends and enjoy their company.

I think most people would agree 15% is fair.  I'm just happy to see you don't subscribe to the Mr. Pink Philosophy of Tipping.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4 of 10

If you choose to leave no feedback at all, be aware that freelancers will take note when viewing your job postings. Lack of feedback hurts a freelancer's performance scores. You may find yourself lacking qualified candidates for subsequent job postings. 

noirre
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
5 of 10

Tonya is absolutely right. A client that continuously leaves no feedback, or always seems to leave bad feedback, is a client that no established contractor wants to deal with. It is just not worth the risk to one's profile, as good Job Success score and previous client feedbacks form a contractor's livelihood here.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 10

We need to differentiate between "not leaving feedback" and "not leaving feedback comments."

If a client wants to leave good, honest, accurate feedback in terms of the star averages, but writes no comments, that's fine with me. I wouldn't like it if they all did it, but occassionally if this happens, it's not going to hurt my profile page. And it won't negatively impact my Job Success Score.

If a client wants to leave no feedback at all, that's a problem, but it's not possible for a client to do that if they close the contract.

So as a contractor, I try to get clients to close contracts. There are techniques (discussed elswhere) for doing so.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 10

I recently saw a nice little proofreading job.  Paid well, easy-peasy weekend work.  But the client had hired 15 or 20 freelancers and never left any feedback at all for any of them.  So I withdrew my proposal.  His loss.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
8 of 10

Mary,

if there was a total list of "no feedback" from the client (rather than some left and some not) it's possibly a bug related to migrating the client's file from Elance...

Just another tough call that us freelancers have to make...

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
9 of 10

Yeah, I think he was oDesk, though.  Anyway, done and done.

proofpudding
Ace Contributor
Ailsa C Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
10 of 10

It never bothered me. What I care about is getting paid, not getting feedback. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS