🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Different profile rates for the same free...
Page options
dc7dcf06
Community Member

Different profile rates for the same freelancer

I wanted to hire a freelancer according their profile price. But on one site it says that her rate is 5 dollars per hour and on other site (about the same freelancer) it says that her profile rate is 9 dollars per hour.

Why are there 2 different prices for the same freelancer?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ivana,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket where you can share the freelancer profile with us. Our team will check this and assist you further with hiring your freelancer, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
luce-neidert
Community Member

Hi Ivana, on Upwork you can have "specialized profiles". You don't have to charge the same on all profiless since some of the jobs might be easier than others.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Ivana L wrote:

I wanted to hire a freelancer according their profile price. But on one site it says that her rate is 5 dollars per hour and on other site (about the same freelancer) it says that her profile rate is 9 dollars per hour.

Why are there 2 different prices for the same freelancer?

I wasn't able to find two different profiles for this freelancer, but if you did, then you might want to hire somebody else since this is against Upwork's terms of service and she'll be suspended if caught. But in general, if someone applies for your job at a higher rate than the one listed in their profile, they may have good reasons for doing so. Perhaps if she's providing online teaching and you're in a different time zone, she wants to be compensated for working unsociable hours, or perhaps your job is more complicated than other jobs that she's done? The only way to find out is to ask her.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths