🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Disable the annoying CAPTCHAs!!!
Page options
odeskos
Community Member

Disable the annoying CAPTCHAs!!!

What would it take for you to disable the annoying CAPTCHAs that you're pushing ever more often on my account?!!!

Am I not paying you enough?! I get CAPTCHAs on free services and such, but on a paid service - it's ridiculous... insulting even!

Just stop the CAPTCHAs. You're wasting my time.

To put it in simpler terms: me paying you money is a CAPTCHA enough.

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often.

Please, make sure that
• Javascript is enabled
• Cookies are enabled
• Your browser does not block ads
• Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
odeskos
Community Member

Don't tell me to modify MY browser to suit your site. Get YOUR site in order.

I'm getting CAPTCHA's again today. Is it really so hard to disable them for my account?!

Hi John,

One of our customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Your browser does not block ads

To my opinion, this is the very first plugin that should be installed on every browser. I use two ad blockers. I also use 3 privacy protection plugins to hide my activity from services that collect usage statistics. And I see no issues on any website, except Upwork. Maybe the problem is not in the users?

My support request with CAPTCHA has been put on hold today with no ETA. This likely means the developers have no idea how to fix this.

@Aleksandr S - my points exactly!

Why should they even use CAPTCHAs for a paid service in the first place.

The actual problem is that they don't have good developers. The recent disaster when we were all able to access someone else's profiles, showed that the problem is even worse.

The insatiable desire to profiteer is a real problem.

Hi there,

I am having the same problem! Even after disabling the ad blocker , the issue persists with the time tracker. That's not only annoying, but it is tampering with my work as I have to fill out these the captchas up to 4 5 times and the tracker still does not work afterwards!

Upwork appearance is getting shinier and shinier, but the way freelancers are treated really does not reflect the appearance of the website. Just saying.

Greetings,
Ivo Krushkov

Hi Ivo,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Have you tried reinstalling the Upwork Desktop App? Maybe that can help and fix the issue. Based on your messages, I'm unsure if you can even open the app at least once successfully. If you can, please use this help article and the section 'How do I report a problem?' to report the issue so that our team can assist you directly. If you can't, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.
The app was recently updated, the issue is reported already and I followed
the recommendations of the support, but have not received an answer yet.

Thank you never the less.

Greets,
Ivo
Latest Articles
Learning Paths