🐈
» Forums » Clients » Discrepancy in getting Refund. Missing $9.00...
Page options
475170ef
Community Member

Discrepancy in getting Refund. Missing $9.00 Refund.

Since there is no way to contact customer support, I will post my issue here.  I was charged for $824.00 (the invoice attached).  Since a freelancer only delivered the first milestone, I paid $300.00 (the invoice attached).  Although I should get $524.00 refund, I only received $515.00 (the invoice attached).  Please look into this discrepancy issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marchin,

To clarify, $24 was the original processing fee for the total amount you funded in Escrow. The processing fee ($15) for the amount that's been refunded from Escrow has also been refunded to you. However, the processing fee for the $300 (3% of $300 is $9) that you've released to the freelancer was not refunded because that payment was processed through the platform.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Marchin,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have been refunded for the contracts that have been closed. You can check your transaction history to view the refunds that have been processed. Let us know if you need further clarification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
475170ef
Community Member

Yes, I received the refund amount of $515 but I was charged for $824.  $300 was paid from the escrow.  So the $9.00 charge is not yet refunded.  There is no invoice for this $9.00 charge as well.  Please check these invoices again.

**Edited for community guidelines**       

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marchin,

To clarify, $24 was the original processing fee for the total amount you funded in Escrow. The processing fee ($15) for the amount that's been refunded from Escrow has also been refunded to you. However, the processing fee for the $300 (3% of $300 is $9) that you've released to the freelancer was not refunded because that payment was processed through the platform.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
475170ef
Community Member

Thank you for the explanation.  I also found this page.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/218375638-Client-Payment-Processing-Fees

Latest Articles
Learning Paths