cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishonest freelancer

Nick S Member Since: May 30, 2017
1 of 6

A freelancer asked me to cancel the contract and leave him positive feedback and he would work "for free". It turns out he has not delivered AT ALL on his promise in the contract. I regret leaving him positive feedback and not opening up a dispute but is there anyways I can change the feedback or open up a dispute. He is a liar and dishonest and should not be on upwork. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. If the contract is closed and you already left feedback, the only option is to ask the freelancer to enable the option for you to change the feedback you left.

Nick S Member Since: May 30, 2017
3 of 6

Is there anyway I can get my money back or have this freelancer removed from Upwork? He is deceitful and dishonest.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Nick, 

I'll ask someone from our team to follow up with you and advise you directly regarding your contract.

Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
5 of 6

He admits to collusion (fixing feedback; contracting "free" work) and you're OK with that?

I'm .....

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 6

hehe two sides to every story and methinks there is more to this one.

I'd pull this one if the guy was trying to drag me through the mud with revisions and I needed to get out of the contract.

This is suspicious because why would the OP think someone is just going to take money and "work for free?" lol Nobody who knows what's up would think this is OK and it seems like he was looking for cheap work and got what he paid for really.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS