🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Dispute and wanting my moneyback.
Page options
a014552e
Community Member

Dispute and wanting my moneyback.

Hi 2 days ago ihired a lady to do my blog. I have asked many questions about what she needs and how to upload photos. She just keeps asking for more money. Not helpful and self interested in money which i thought we had agreed upon. Im tired of the arguments. Just want out now. So how can i get my money refunded anyone please?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Refund thinking hurts clients.

Stop working with this freelancer if you don't value her work.

Hire other freelancers. Continue working only with the freelancers who provide you with great value.

You can release any remaining escrow money and close the contract right now and there is NOTHING that the freelancer will be able to do about it. You can even block her and she won't even be able to send you messages or ask for a second chance.

Read more about this here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Dispute-process/m-p/930037

Preston H wrote:

Refund thinking hurts clients.

Stop working with this freelancer if you don't value her work.

Hire other freelancers. Continue working only with the freelancers who provide you with great value.

I think that most people creating a topic about getting their money back do not want to just "let it slide". I completely understand your stand and I'd rather pay for peace for my nerves than trying to get money back, but there's a lot of people that would fight for every cent no matter the effort. People that don't care about the money and move on, they just don't create such a topic.

If you read my posts on this topic, you will see that I provide extensive details to clients, telling them exactly how to get money back from freelancers. I also include links to Upwork support pages which provide step-step instructions for getting refunds.

That includes the post I linked to from this very thread.

As for the original poster of this thread: Petra already asked the most important question: How much money is on the line here?

re: "People that don't care about the money and move on, they just don't create such a topic."

I have lost count of the number of posts I have read written by clients who don't care about the money but care about other things, such as "the principle" or vengeance or pride or "helping others." Some clients ask for refunds simply because they see a button labeled "request refund."

Preston H wrote:

If you read my posts on this topic, you will see that I provide extensive details to clients, telling them exactly how to get money back from freelancers."

With all due respect, that isn't universally true or it's hidden somewhere in  page after page of text that just lectures on why the person in question shouldn't seek a refund at all in the first place. 

Preston H wrote:

I have lost count of the number of posts I have read written by clients who don't care about the money but care about other things, such as "the principle" or vengeance or pride or "helping others."

No, you tend to pretend to think that's what's behind it or assume that's what's behind it when ultimately, in the majority of cases, people just want their money back. 

Sometimes rightly so, sometimes not rightly so.

In no case that I remember are they after pages of lecture as to why they must not do what they intend to do because of some Preston-Doctrine, complete with it's own battle-cry... 

petra_r
Community Member

Sue S wrote:

So how can i get my money refunded anyone please?

Tell her that you don't think it's a good fit and ask her how much work has been done so you can agree how much of the escrow funds should be released.

How much money is in escrow right now?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths