🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Dispute with Freelancer
Page options
cd4b5321
Community Member

Dispute with Freelancer

I hired a freelancer to do a fixed rate job. I paid the first milestone when she gave me the second draft of my book cover. I gave her the requirements for my files from the publisher. When she gave me the final files I submitted them to the publisher, but they were both rejected, She did not follow the requirements. This will cost me more money with the publlisher to upload the files again. The freelancer offered no solution to fix the files and obviously doesn't understand what the publisher wants. I have had to hire someone else to fix the files. I do not want to pay the final payment, but she is pressuring me and says when I pay she will give me editable files. How do I handle this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I do not want to pay the final payment, but she is pressuring me and says when I pay she will give me editable files. How do I handle this?"

Tell the freelancer:

"Betty: Thank you for your work on this project. The publisher had specific file requirements and I was not able to use your files. I had to hire another freelancer to prepare the final files. At this time, I no longer need anything from you. There is currently a $100 payment in escrow. I am willing to release $50 (half) to you immediately. Or I can release nothing and ask for a full refund. Please let me know which you prefer."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Eve,

When your freelancer or agency submits a milestone for your approval, you have 14 days to review it. If you'd like to request changes, you may request them from the freelancer before you release the final payment. However, if you no longer want to continue working for the freelancer, you may end the contract and request a refund for any remaining funds in Escrow

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I do not want to pay the final payment, but she is pressuring me and says when I pay she will give me editable files. How do I handle this?"

Tell the freelancer:

"Betty: Thank you for your work on this project. The publisher had specific file requirements and I was not able to use your files. I had to hire another freelancer to prepare the final files. At this time, I no longer need anything from you. There is currently a $100 payment in escrow. I am willing to release $50 (half) to you immediately. Or I can release nothing and ask for a full refund. Please let me know which you prefer."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths