cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute with a Freelancer - Sheer Time Waste

Highlighted
Reedev T Member Since: Mar 31, 2016
1 of 4

Hi Upwork, I have faced disappointment with a freelancer whom I have hired for design my app design ( Web and mobile) I have provided them a clear requirement document and previous designs.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

In 10 days they just changed the color of the designs I provided and did nothing more. They did not even refer to the requirement document I have shared with them. They just copied the design and did not even create additional designs,

I do not want to pay for the milestone created, they have wasted by 11 days and wors is I have to my freelancers search again. This is pathetic,

I need upwork to support on this issue and help me recover my money. I may be ready to award the project to other freelancer using Upwork. 

Please do the needful asap. Thanks,

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Reedev,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your freelancer's performance. I see you already ended the contract and opted not to release any payment to the freelancer. There are three outcomes in regards to your refund request: The freelancer approves the refund, they reject the refund request and file a dispute, they don't respond to your request and after 7 days the Escrow funds are returned to your billing method automatically. You can find more information in Upwork ToS and the following Help articles: here and here.

I edited your post, as we do not allow posting names of persons or companies (or other identifying information) in an accusation of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing in the Community.

Highlighted
Reedev T Member Since: Mar 31, 2016
3 of 4

Thanks for your prompt response and taking up the issue.

Ok As suggested, I will wait for the freelancer to accept the refund which I am afraid they would do. Anyways, i would let them come back. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Hire multiple contractors to do small portions of the project and only work with the best contractor for the whole project.

There is no way to predict which contractor will do great work and which will waste your time. Stop trying to predict.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS