cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute with freelancer work

asifnawazaasi
Muhammad A Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
1 of 10

I hired a freelancer for assignment work. The work that he submitted is not up to mark and nothing according the contract. What kind of steps I can take and how can I contact with upwork support?

Kindly guide me, Thanks

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 10
Pay him and move on.
asifnawazaasi
3 of 10

How can I contact with upwork support team?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 10

Was it an hourly or fixed-rate contract?

asifnawazaasi
5 of 10

It was a fixed contract.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 10

@Muhammad A wrote:

It was a fixed contract.

You don't need to contact Support. Work it out with the freelancer. 

Are the funds still in Escrow? As in: you haven't actually released any funds? The fair way to deal with it is to communicate properly with the freelancer. How much money (in Escrow) are we talking about here? And what was it for?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 10
I should probably feel ashamed that I have 0 clue how to contact support since I've only done it once to report someone phishing like a year ago lol
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 10

Muhammad,

As others already suggested on this thread, you can start with communicating with your freelancer to work any issues out amicably. You can consider offering the freelancer partial payment or asking for a refund. If you end up closing the contract and requesting either partial or full refund from Escrow, the freelancer will have a chance to dispute the refund request. In case of a dispute, Upwork dispute team will reach out to you and assist you with the process.

~ Valeria
Upwork
melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
9 of 10

In order to be fair to both of you, I'd go ahead and contact the Freelancer and ask him/her to make any changes.

Believe me, Freelancers want to please you. Our ratings mean a lot.

You asked for something specific. Don't just be disappointed and complain and therefore, have nothing usable and have to start all over; that puts you back, too. Ask your person if s/he will make changes. If s/he for some reason refuses, then you have an issue to contact Support with.

You don't have to do any of this, I just think it's the best all around.

Good luck and I hope you get the end project you were looking for and that will benefit you!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 10

I can imagine few situations in which a client would need to contact Customer Support.

Upwork clients have most of the power and extreme flexibility when it comes to managing contracts. This is as it should be. Clients are the ones who are paying for the work to be done. It's their credit card, their money.

Clients ALREADY can hire who they want, set the terms of contracts, pause contracts, end contracts, etc., as they wish. Clients can monitor work using work diaries. They can allow or DISALLOW manually-logged time. With fixed-price contracts, they can review submitted work and push a button to require changes before releasing payment. They can end contracts at any time, for any reason. There are very few limitations on clients.

As a practical matter, better than contacting Customer Support... Clients would usually benefit more from posting questions in the Community Forum to get some advice about how they can use their considerable power.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS