🐈
» Forums » Clients » Dispute
Page options
mario-palermo
Community Member

Dispute

the madness of this platform has no limits, I hired a freelancer for a given contract, the contract foresaw the completion of 10 tasks, for different reasons he refused to continue, so I released only part of the sum, the freelancer opened a dispute, obviously has not shown with concrete facts to have completed my work, so Upwork is now reinventing the wheel, refuses to give me the money back, unless of a legal practice that I did not understand. I am very tempted to open a dispute with Paypal, since these agents who handle disputes are obviously incapable people, as they admitted themselves, even if not directly.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mario,

It looks like you have an open ticket about the dispute where the team has provided the information about the process. Upwork team can assist the parties and mediate. If the freelancer and the client fail to come to a mutual agreement during the mediation, they will be offered to move the case to arbitration. Please, see this section of Upwork ToS for more information.

All, please note that a few comments have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
colettelewis
Community Member

@Mario P wrote:

the madness of this platform has no limits, I hired a freelancer for a given contract, the contract foresaw the completion of 10 tasks, for different reasons he refused to continue, so I released only part of the sum, the freelancer opened a dispute, obviously has not shown with concrete facts to have completed my work, so Upwork is now reinventing the wheel, refuses to give me the money back, unless of a legal practice that I did not understand. I am very tempted to open a dispute with Paypal, since these agents who handle disputes are obviously incapable people, as they admitted themselves, even if not directly.

You can take the case to arbitration, which will cost you, the freelancer and Upwork the best part of $300. But your claims will be assessed by an impartial arbitrator outside Upwork, and you may or may not win.  I don't know how opening a dispute with PayPal will help you. 

@Nichola L wrote:

@Mario P wrote:

I am very tempted to open a dispute with Paypal

___ I don't know how opening a dispute with PayPal will help you. 

It will immediately get his Upwork account suspended, so he'll never have to deal with any of it ever again.

Why should i pay 291 USD when is so clear that freelancer did not complete the job?

That's drive me crazy.

@Mario P wrote:

Why should i pay 291 USD when is so clear that freelancer did not complete the job?

That's drive me crazy.

We only have your word for it that the freelancer did not complete the job. If you take it to arbitration, the arbitrators might find in your favour. If you don't want to pay, then just leave it and move on. 

Mario, everyone, including Upwork, has to pay $291 when a dispute goes to arbitration. If you’re unwilling to do that, maybe the best you can do is accept whatever terms the mediator proposed, if it’s not too late to do so, then give this freelancer a one star feedback.

Hi Mario,

It looks like you have an open ticket about the dispute where the team has provided the information about the process. Upwork team can assist the parties and mediate. If the freelancer and the client fail to come to a mutual agreement during the mediation, they will be offered to move the case to arbitration. Please, see this section of Upwork ToS for more information.

All, please note that a few comments have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have evidence that the freelancer did not complete the job, for whom did you take me? The contract required the completion of 10 tasks, these 10 were not complete and the freelancer did not provide the necessary evidence of the work done, on my site there is not his job, so this is more than evident proof, in addition to the fact that in several chats confirmed to have noticed only after the amount of work and difficulty.

Its not my business if the freelancer signed a job description filled with my tasks in details and after few days realized that maybe he did not get at all the difficult of the job.

@Mario P wrote:

I have evidence that the freelancer did not complete the job, for whom did you take me? The contract required the completion of 10 tasks, these 10 were not complete and the freelancer did not provide the necessary evidence of the work done, on my site there is not his job, so this is more than evident proof, in addition to the fact that in several chats confirmed to have noticed only after the amount of work and difficulty.

Its not my business if the freelancer signed a job description filled with my tasks in details and after few days realized that maybe he did not get at all the difficult of the job.

As Valeria said, you will need to follow the advice of customer support. If Upwork can't help you  come to an agreement with the freelancer, then you will have to either take it to arbitration or drop it. 

The freelancer described in the original post acted without honor. He did the wrong thing.

If the freelancer did not complete all tasks, he should have immediately agreed to the refund request to refund the money for the unfinished work.

If I needed to hire someone to do ten tasks, I would use an hourly contract. Or ten fixed-price contracts consecutively.

That way I would not be out any money if one particular freelancer could not continue through to the end.

undefined:

The freelancer described in the original post acted without honor. He did the wrong thing.

If the freelancer did not complete all tasks, he should have immediately agreed to the refund request to refund the money for the unfinished work.

If I needed to hire someone to do ten tasks, I would use an hourly contract. Or ten fixed-price contracts consecutively.

That way I would not be out any money if one particular freelancer could not continue through to the end.

I found it too many incompetents developement side,very sad.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths