cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client in Arbitration - "Leave comment below (dispute will remain open)." actially mean?

Jude R Member Since: Sep 18, 2017
1 of 12

what does "Leave comment below (dispute will remain open)." actially mean?

when there is no information leading to next steps, procedure or policy specific to disputes

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Jude,

Please make sure to respond to the dispute initiated on your contract by responding to it as instructed in the notification you received. You can find more details about the dispute process, its stages and procedures here, here and here.

3 of 12

Hello Vladimir -  Yes i am in the process of responding but the last option seems vague

1.  Accept dispute and release $x to freelancer.

2. Reject dispute. Upwork will arbitrate according to the Upwork Dispute Resolution Policy.

3. Leave comment below (dispute will remain open).

Point 1 is obvious.

Point 2 has a link to what it means to go to arbitration

Point 3 is vague with no descritption or definition to link to

Kind regards,

Jude

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 12

Hi Jude, 

If you have an open dispute, it just means that you can leave your comment regarding the dispute, and the dispute ticket will remain open. Will you be needing further assistance on your dispute ticket. 

-Avery
Untitled
6 of 12

Hello Avery -

But what is the process afterwards when it is left open its unclear vs. the second option of Reject dispute. Upwork will arbitrate according to the Upwork Dispute Resolution Policy.   OR the first option of paying the disupute fee.

What exactly does it mean the  dispute "will remain open"

Thank you and kind regards,

Jude

6 of 12

when there is no information leading to next steps, procedure or policy specific to disputes

2. Reject dispute. Upwork will arbitrate according to the Upwork Dispute Resolution Policy.

Point 1 is obvious.

7 of 12

Dear UpWork -  I ve asked the below already but am making my questions more clear specific to Clients responding to a dispute.

------------------------below is the actual page sanitized for publishing --------------------------

Resolve a Dispute

Contract        Website with  Homepage (ID # xxxxxxx)
Company       Jude Raymond
Freelancer     JOHN DOEX
Amount          $x

Accept dispute and release $100.00 to freelancer.
Reject dispute. Upwork will arbitrate according to the Upwork Dispute Resolution Policy.
Leave comment below (dispute will remain open).

UPLOAD FILE

------------------------above is the actual page sanitized for publishing --------------------------

Point 1 is obvious.

Thank you in advance for clarifying

Best regards,

Jude

8 of 12

Hi Jude,

Please note that users can select the third option you mentioned and leave a comment, if they are not ready to pick one of the above two options, or if the dispute has already been initiated and they want to keep discussing it in the dispute forum. Users must decide to accept or reject the dispute within 7 days of it being filed as advised in the legal and help docs I shared in my previous post. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Highlighted
9 of 12

Hello Vladimir -

Thank you for clarifying. 

When arbitration is chosen.

Do i have to pay 1/2 the arbitration fee.  If the other party does not want to pay the arbitration fee, waht happens next in the process?

Regards,

Jude

10 of 12

Hi Jude,

Arbitration is the final step in the dispute process, and you can find all the details in the resources I shared with you, including the scenarios you mentioned. If you can't resolve the issue through mediation and agree to go to arbitration, both parties and Upwork will split the arbitration fee equally. If one party doesn't pay the fee the funds will be released to the party that paid the fee, which will be also refunded back to them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS