cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes what does "Leave comment below (dispute will remain open)." actially mean?

Jude R Member Since: Sep 18, 2017
11 of 12

1. Now that i am in an open dispute with the freelancer, how does it get resolved.

2. Do the funds in escrow automatically go to the freelance after a period of time - like 7 days?

3. Can i still op for mediation?  How to do so?

4. I have not heard from UpWork on the "open dispute" after 24 hours - will there be?

Best Regards,

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 12

Hi Jude,

I merged your new comment to our discussion thread from yesterday.

1. Now that i am in an open dispute with the freelancer, how does it get resolved.

Please review the resources I shared with you on this thread, which outline the whole process and list all the outcomes.

2. Do the funds in escrow automatically go to the freelance after a period of time - like 7 days?

If a user doesn't reject or accept the dispute within the 7-day grace period, the funds will be awarded to the participating party. Please follow my advice and respond to the dispute by opting for one of the two options offered in the notification you received as soon as possible, before the 7-day period expires.

3. Can i still op for mediation?  How to do so?

You can reject the dispute your freelancer raised and our team will follow up to guide you through the process, with mediation as its first step.

4. I have not heard from UpWork on the "open dispute" after 24 hours - will there be?

Based on our communication from yesterday, in case you used the third option and sent a message I believe we're still within the 24 hour period. Our team will respond to your message but won't be able to proceed further unless you select one of the two options and respond to the request your freelancer filed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS