cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think clients are leaving upwork due to recent policies?

Christoph M Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
21 of 23

I am not a small client of upwork. we probably spent between 50'000 and 100'000 usd on upwork already.

now we have only 5 invites per job, which is not enough to find the talent we need, so yes, we have already opened accounts on other freelancing sites, and most likely have to hire from there from now on. it is a shame, the greed destroys upwork.

we are not gonna pay 500 usd per month to get unlimited invites back.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 23

Christoph M wrote:

now we have only 5 invites per job,

we are not gonna pay 500 usd per month to get unlimited invites back.

You don't have to. On the Plus plan for $ 50 a month you have 15 invites per job post.

Most quality freelancers dismiss spam invites (where masses of freelancers are invited.)

My personal pain-point is 10

Christoph M Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
23 of 23

I think I had 7 or 8 invites for the Job I posted (full time work) - Because it was classified as a special project (default for a job is 5 Invites I think).

From this 7 or 8 invites, 1 accepted it, and refered us to a friend of his, because he had not time for a big project.

So as you can see, 15 invites will not help. We need at least 30-40 Invites to find somebody for longtime work (bigger projects).

15 might be enough for small jobs to find a good freelancer, but for big projects and longtime work it is just not enough - most freelancers can not accept big projects.

That's exactly the problem with the new system - it will be enough for small jobs to find somebody that has time, but it is not enough to find somebody for a bigger project. - And Upwork tries to pressure us to buy the unlimited invites plan to solve this artificial problem they have created to make more money.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS