🐈
» Forums » Clients » Do you think that submitting work is too conf...
Page options
scioncopywriting
Community Member

Do you think that submitting work is too confusing for the clients?

Hello all!

My name is Konstantinos. I have encountered a problem with a couple of freelancers that has to do with Upwork's design of submitting work.

Basically, when you submit work to the client to ask for payment, a lot of them are confused about where the documents are and they ask you to send them again.

That happens because the client has to click on "view details" under the message to view the documents and download them.

I'm not saying that this is too confusing and hard for anyone to figure out, but there are a lot of clients who struggle with that and I thought it was important to bring it up.

Can I suggest that it would be more obvious if the documents would be available for download under the message like when you share links when you message them?

What made me post this thread is my total amazement of a long-term client's struggle who was unable to learn how this works after I showed them too many times. Of course, they obviously just don't want to pay attention but maybe Upwork could help us freelancers with these people.

Thank you for reading.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

I've seen that happening too. I guess there is room for improvement in this part of the client-side UI.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
versailles
Community Member

I've seen that happening too. I guess there is room for improvement in this part of the client-side UI.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I don't know the client side on the platform, but if it is as straightforward as the freelancer side, it should really not be that difficult. 

I always send the files through messaging too, because many many times clients have told me they can't open the file sent together with the submission, as it is not active and they can't click on it. 

mystudiomke
Community Member

Same experience here. I will always get "I dont see anything attached, can you please resend" and then 5 mins later "nvm I see it now"

Lila
sergio-soria
Community Member

Same here. One of my clients even said "Hey, it looks like I have to pay first in order to see the files!" Smiley Very Happy

It would be nice to have the files displayed more obviously for the client, but I don't hold out hopes. Check the forum and you will see that after 3 years we are still waiting for a "Hire me on Upwork" widget.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths