🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Does Upwork charge clients also?
Page options
541c51f1
Community Member

Does Upwork charge clients also?

I am new on upwork and want to know that if I hire someone via Upwork would Upwork take a commission or service fee from me?

Is there a way to avoid these charges or to minimize them? Or is there a way to reduce expenses if I am going to keep hiring new freelancers every 2 weeks?

I am happy to pay to Upwork howvever, considering I am going to repeatedly hire new talents, I am willing to save on my upwork fees.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Anil K wrote:

I am new on upwork and want to know that if I hire someone via Upwork would Upwork take a commission or service fee from me?

Clients pay a 2.75% processing fee on all payments to freelancers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Anil K wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Anil K wrote:

Or a flat fee of $25 per month if they decide so.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene K wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Anil K wrote:

Or a flat fee of $25 per month if they decide so.

Only if eligible. *IF* a client is eligible, they see the option when setting up their billing method.

541c51f1
Community Member

Thank you Rene & Petra for the suggestions. I would like to go with the monthy fee option. How do you get it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anil, 

This option is available only to qualifying clients with Bank Payments or Local Currency Credit Card Billing as their primary billing methods. Only eligible clients will see these options in their Settings > Billing Methods.

You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths