🐈
» Forums » Clients » Does client require an actual photo of myself...
Page options
907b9f40
Community Member

Does client require an actual photo of myself on my profile?

Does client require an actual photo of myself on profile? Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Francis,

I'm sorry to hear that you prefer in closing the account but we totally respect your decision. If you're going to use just your client account, as Preston and Prashant mentioned, you are not required to post a photo of yourself on your Upwork account. It could be something that can effectively represent your company. Let us know if you have other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

The answer is:

No.

Clients are not required to post a photo of themselves on their Upwork account.

bobafett999
Community Member

You do not have to give any more information than what is posted on upwork profile.  If a buyer asks for anything more, they don't have good Intentions. 

On the other hand upwork does require you to post your actual photo.

ArjayM

Hi Francis,

In addition to Preston's response. Since as a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) You may want to check this help article for more details on how to choose a good profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork
907b9f40
Community Member

I am just a client, somehow I have a freelance account attached, I may need to close it now. Thanks.

Hi Francis,

I'm sorry to hear that you prefer in closing the account but we totally respect your decision. If you're going to use just your client account, as Preston and Prashant mentioned, you are not required to post a photo of yourself on your Upwork account. It could be something that can effectively represent your company. Let us know if you have other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths