🐈
» Forums » Clients » Does upwork keep record of who hired? I was s...
Page options
tysonly9
Community Member

Does upwork keep record of who hired? I was scammed...

I was recently scammed by a person named **edited for Community Guidelines** Does Upwork keep record of who/when/where this person was? I'm all kinds of annoyed and sad and angered. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Why are you saying that you were scammed?

What happened?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Why are you saying that you were scammed?

What happened?

I just want to know if Upwork keeps records on the people hiring, because I was scammed. I was being stupid and I accept it, but I want clarity.

While this person may have created a fake account, fake name, fake address, etc. I just want to know. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tristan, 

I'm not seeing any client activity or account in this account where you are posting from. Do you have a separate client account? I also wasn't able to identify the freelancer client you have referenced in your post. If you have more information you wish to share regarding this freelancer client - their profile job post link, the violation they have committed, etc.; please send it to me through a private message by clicking on my name so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I was under the impression that the original poster was referring to a client as someone who scammed him... not a freelancer.

Thanks for flagging that, Preston.Robot Happy I jumped the gun on that, but I have already edited my post. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths