🐈
» Forums » Clients » Double Payment
Page options
60895e73
Community Member

Double Payment

I started a contract with someone I hired and immediately the first payment went from my account without the person I hired, accepting the contract. I also was charged the 3% fees in addition to the first payment. I then modified the contract to include different dates to start the contract and I thought I would be reimbursed for the fees and charge that were taken from my account but I wasn't. I now assume that I will be charged the first payement again with the addittional 3%. Can I have some assistance with this?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Kimberly,

I checked your account, and I was unable to locate the double charge you are referring to. Could you please share more information so that I can check this for you? You can also view your transaction history to verify it. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kimberly, 

I checked on your account again and can confirm that the verification charges ($10) has already been credited back to your account and should reflect within five days. 

As for your question on your active contract, your billing method was charged for the first milestone. This means that the freelancer hasn't been paid yet, but the money is currently in Escrow until you release this payment to your freelancer. Here's more information on paying freelancers on fixed-price and hourly contracts. 

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths