🐈
» Forums » Clients » Double charged for Hourly rate contract
Page options
fc89b2c0
Community Member

Double charged for Hourly rate contract

Hey,

I'm having an hourly-based contract which limits to $60/week, but I was charged double - $120 /week. I don't know where was wrong. 

Btw I can't contact any Upwork agent. Pls have check my screenshot and help

Tks

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Louis,

I checked your contract and would like to clarify that besides the hours your freelancers has tracked, you have also set up a Weekly Payment.

A weekly payment is an automatic, recurring payment for a specific amount. You will be invoiced this amount each week in addition to the billable hours in the freelancer Work Diary. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article.

If you would like to remove the weekly payment you will need to close your current contract and hire your freelancer on a new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If I cancel this contract, will the freelancer receive whole of: weekly payment + total hourly rate?

Hi Louis,

Yes that is correct. You can communicate with your freelancer for them to issue a partial refund once they have received the funds on their end. Or, open a dispute for a part of the amount you were charged. 
If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

what if I click "Pause" button and wait until end of this month and end the contract?

Hi Louis,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, thanks

Louis, don't wait.

Close the contract now.

If you want this freelancer to continue working for you, then create a new contract, this time WITHOUT automated weekly payments.

You may communicate directly with the freelancer to ask him to issue you a refund for the weekly payment you already paid him. You do not need Customer Support's help to resolve any of this.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths