cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download files from Upwork messages

Tom P Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
1 of 18

My freelancer created some pdf files for me and sent them to me via Upwork messenger. How do I save the file to my own drive? Thanks.

Tom

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 18

Hi Tom,

If you click on the file in Upwork Messages, it'll start downloading. You can then find it in your Downloads folder.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 18

Once you click on a file, you'll be given the option to open or save the file.

I would suggest you make a folder on your hard drive with the project name, and then save the file to that folder. If you open it, you should do a "save as", and give it a name that makes sense to you before saving to your project folder.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Or, what Valeria suggested.

Jackson M Member Since: Aug 5, 2018
4 of 18

how do i retrieve my freelncers files from upwork messages

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
5 of 18

Hi Jackson,

Please go to Upwork messages, select which freelancer sent you the file and start downloading. It will show up on your downloads folder.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Todd H Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
6 of 18

Hi, did this functionality get dropped? Everytime I click on an image in Messenger it opens it in an aws browser where this is no option to download.

Community Guru
7 of 18

@Todd H wrote:

Hi, did this functionality get dropped? Everytime I click on an image in Messenger it opens it in an aws browser where this is no option to download.

If you right-click on an image, you should get a menu with options ... have you tried that?

Andi Reese B Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
8 of 18

When I click on a file in my freelancer's messages, when the file opens up, it has a different file name. It's a hassle! Any suggestions? (Previously, I have not had this problem. Upwork changed something . . .)

Andi

Community Guru
9 of 18

@Andi Reese B wrote:

When I click on a file in my freelancer's messages, when the file opens up, it has a different file name. It's a hassle! Any suggestions? (Previously, I have not had this problem. Upwork changed something . . .)

Andi

Have you tried this? Click on the little file icon in your message room, then click on the file and you will be asked, do you want to save this file - see my screenshot below. My clients are not having problems downloading files, so I'm not sure what's going on - but maybe this will help you.

Alternately, you could just use another file exchange option, like Dropbox or Wetransfer, etc.

Sorry, I've apparently misunderstood your problem. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Community Guru
10 of 18

Also .... it helps to look at your browser settings, because it is there that you can specify what you want to have happen when you click on and download files. You should be able to set up a custom place and folder on your hard drive where all those files will land. Basic stuff, but some folks never look at those settings.

Nevermind.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS