cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download files from Upwork messages

Tom P Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
1 of 21

My freelancer created some pdf files for me and sent them to me via Upwork messenger. How do I save the file to my own drive? Thanks.

Tom

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 21

Hi Tom,

If you click on the file in Upwork Messages, it'll start downloading. You can then find it in your Downloads folder.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 21

Once you click on a file, you'll be given the option to open or save the file.

I would suggest you make a folder on your hard drive with the project name, and then save the file to that folder. If you open it, you should do a "save as", and give it a name that makes sense to you before saving to your project folder.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Or, what Valeria suggested.

Todd A Member Since: Apr 5, 2019
4 of 21

This is incorrect. If I click on the file my freelancer send me via messages, it opens in a new algora-file-link page with no option to actually "download". It's also a completely lighter color that the image of the file he sent. There is no option to "save" the link. Ridiculous

Community Guru
5 of 21

Todd A wrote:

This is incorrect. If I click on the file my freelancer send me via messages, it opens in a new algora-file-link page with no option to actually "download". It's also a completely lighter color that the image of the file he sent. There is no option to "save" the link. Ridiculous

Todd - in your message room there is a file list like the first screenshot - right click on the file icon and the choose the file you want to download (see second screenshot). Right click on the file icon or name, and you'll get a submenu with a "save link as" option (last screenshot).

From there navigate to wherever you want to save it, and download. See if that works for you.

Screen shot 2019-04-21 at 11.34.07 AM.pngFILE LISTScreen shot 2019-04-21 at 11.35.38 AM.pngCHOOSE THE FILE YOU WANT.

Screen shot 2019-04-21 at 11.37.26 AM.pngSAVE LINK WHEREVER

Community Guru
6 of 21

Todd A wrote:

Sorry if I misunderstood re my latest post ... I'm assuming you're doing this from a computer and not the app.

Jackson M Member Since: Aug 5, 2018
7 of 21

how do i retrieve my freelncers files from upwork messages

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
8 of 21

Hi Jackson,

Please go to Upwork messages, select which freelancer sent you the file and start downloading. It will show up on your downloads folder.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Todd H Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
9 of 21

Hi, did this functionality get dropped? Everytime I click on an image in Messenger it opens it in an aws browser where this is no option to download.

Community Guru
10 of 21

@Todd H wrote:

Hi, did this functionality get dropped? Everytime I click on an image in Messenger it opens it in an aws browser where this is no option to download.

If you right-click on an image, you should get a menu with options ... have you tried that?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS