Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumbfounded by UpWork

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
11 of 15

Grant - if my account gets suspended, I hope my long-term clients are willing to back me up like you did Smiley Happy

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
12 of 15

I have a question for the mods. Grant mentioned that CS told him:

"We will not reinstate this user account and the decision is final. If you wish to work with this contractor you must do it outside of our platform."

But after he posted here, the decision turned out not to be so final... So was CS just exaggerating there, or do our accounts only get reinstated if we get our clients to fight for us here in the forums??

degrama
Ace Contributor
Grant M Member Since: Nov 9, 2014
13 of 15

So I've had this happen again!

This time my server admin has reached out for help as he is unable to make any progress with Customer Service for over a month now.

http://gyazo.com/410ec7fa390930849961d27e0d2f2c39

http://gyazo.com/6ae39c12cc62787b8c78eed7a036f53b

($3,242.32 paid)

He indicated he had similar issues as my previous contractor. He was turned away from UpWork!

How can this be happening to such outstanding individuals?

I am truly afraid UpWork is unknowingly turning away a large number of experienced, dedicated, and necessary contractors. And the worst part is it makes absolutely no sense.

Why turn away either of these individuals?

Why doesnt Customer Service see the same individuals I see?

And the worst part, why doesnt customer service help them?

Quote.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

This makes absolutely no sense. Based on the response it appears as more than one person has even reviewed this contractors account. Yet still no help...

He is the type of individual that:

• has been a part of my team for well over a year
  • is extremely trustworthy (has access to 20+ of my dedicated servers on a root level)
  • is extremely proficent and knowledgable server administrator

What are your thoughts on the above?

Supporting documents attached above as screenshots.

90% Job Success 589 hours worked 33 jobs

Now that this is happening again, I cannot seem to wrap my head around the logic behind any of this. Based on my contractors record I can only assume UpWork is at fault for turning away yet another outstanding contractor.

Sincerely,
Grant Mucha

mgraybeal
Ace Contributor
Mary G Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
14 of 15

Now I am getting paranoid. What did these freelancers do to get suspended? Hope it does not happen to me. Guess I'd better get off here and not complain about anything. I may get suspended. 

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 15

Mary, this thread is over a year old. If you are working in line with the Upwork ToS you have nothing to worry about. It's clearly not a widespread issue.

Also, Upwork aren't going to suspend you're account for using the community forum, as the many long-term community participants demonstrate. At worst your posts may be edited if they violate community guidelines.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS