🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Pathetic excuse of a man Vadim Alexandrov...
Page options
a64c26a3
Community Member

Edited: Upwork developer gone MIA (AS USUAL)

Upwork developer gone MIA (AS USUAL)

**Edited for Community Guidelines** has not provided any code and has now gone missing!

His initial proposal stated he could "completed the tasks in 2 hours" and this is now two weeks ago.

Even previous developers who could not complete the tasks at least **Edited for Community Guidelines** so or at least provide sections of work that they could complete.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** has pathetically gone into hiding like a child and **edited for Community Guidelines** and quite frankly, should be **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

No contact from the upwork ticket I submitted to help get this sorted and no contact number.

Please somone respond as this is a matter of urgency and I am fed up of terrible developers on upwork damaging companies.....

(This is why projects and prices are going down on upwork because the majority of you provide such poor standard of work)

23 REPLIES 23
petra_r
Community Member

Matt C wrote:

(.... because the majority of you provide such poor standard of work)

No, "the majority" of us do no such thing.

Maybe try a freelancer with some history and consistently high feedback, rather than a newbie with no history (assuming of course, that I am looking at the right freelancer.....?)

Matt C wrote:

If this is what happens to you "as usual" and more than "rarely" or "once in a while," you are using the wrong freelancers. This may be due to not choosing them very carefully or because your budget does not attract the kind of freelancers who would do a great job for you.

a64c26a3
Community Member

Petra R:

I categorically disagree with your answers and to be honest, your answers are the standard rubbish I expected.

Firstly: History

History and feedback may be useful but has no merit whatsoever when making a hire! I look for developers who can do the job! If a developer has 15 years experience but has just signed up to upwork does that mean I should not use them?? What rubbish reasoning from you. I am 100% for equal opportunities and everyone needs a chance to build their profile, as i'm sure you once did at a time! Shall we go back and tell all those people not to connect with you back at the start of your career?

Second point: BUDGET.

Again, a standard response that was expected from a simple mind. My budget is uncapped, we have experience in development and know how much work is involved in the tasks so the "Budget" is set accordingly. The developers who do not think the budget is fair are crooks and are planning to charge more.

So again, your response was uninspiring, expected and unintelligently biased and I completely disagree.

Please feel free to remove your response.

Hi Matt,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your freelancers.
Just to confirm, I've escalated your tickets to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible and assist you further.
If you have any additional questions let me know or feel free to update your ticket directly, our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thank you that is a great help and a much better response than Petra R's "Try using better developers and pay more".

I am not disputing a developers skills or the budget I am disputing the fact that a contract was entered by two parties so for one party just go MIA for no reason damaging a company is just not on.

So thank you again Goran I shall wait for a response to help get this situation solved and Petra R, please take note for future responses and to save you future embarrassment.

versailles
Community Member

Matt C wrote:

(... because the majority of you provide such poor standard of work)

Lol 🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
florydev
Community Member

His initial proposal stated he could "completed the tasks in 2 hours" and this is now two weeks ago.

2 hours?  Did you think that it could be accomplished in 2 hours?  If so, why did you let it go two weeks.  

Was this an hourly job?  Because if it wasn't going well in the screenshots then why not draw an end to it immediately?

If it was a per-project job then I would not deliver source to you either unless you are going to pay me.  

It sounds like maybe you hired a bad freelancer and you have a history of doing so.  Upwork really does not do anything to vet the quality of a freelancer so surely you must understand the burden is on you.  How did you vet that this particular freelancer could do the job?  Maybe there is some flaw in your process.

Or do you just believe Upwork is at fault?

Mark F.....

What???!!!

I'm just going to keep this plain and simple for you as I do not know what conversation you are addressing....

1. No, that's why I gave him two days after he had confirmed he understood. He built his code using the wrong development setup and so he had to start again, and I had to wait.

2. No it wasn't.

3. Who said I wasn't going to pay? Why would I not pay for a job I have listed and hired someone to help me with? I am using Upwork as a service. Where are you getting this information from and why are you even mentioning this anyway? I am completely stunned and shocked by this ridiculous and unbacked remark that has no relevance to this situation whatsoever. I have already stated the budget is uncapped.

4. When have I stated or even hinted that upwork are at fault in this situation?

I remind ALL "Community Gurus", if you can not have **Edited for Community Guidelines** conversation based on facts rather than made up assumptions then do not comment.

I genuinely thought the responses could not get any worse than the first Gurus initial comment but this actual response is not relevant to anyone anywhere in relation to this topic.

...also, it sounds like you are not a trustful business partner and do not share code unless you have been paid first. This can be seen as a very greedy state of mind and very counterproductive.

Business partnerships should be built on trust, mutual respect and value. How would I pay a developer if I have not received any code to add to my current project? **edited for Community Guidelines**

WOW!!!

1. No, that's why I gave him two days after he had confirmed he understood. He built his code using the wrong development setup and so he had to start again, and I had to wait.

Why not get rid of him then?

2. No it wasn't.

So to clarify, it was per-project?

3. Who said I wasn't going to pay? Why would I not pay for a job I have listed and hired someone to help me with? I am using Upwork as a service. Where are you getting this information from and why are you even mentioning this anyway?

**Edited for community guidelines**

You are going to pay someone who failed to complete your task, why would you do that? 

If they never deliver what you want then you shouldn't pay them.  However, I don't know what you have said to this person but if you even intimated you were not going to pay me I wouldn't deliver.

4. When have I stated or even hinted that upwork are at fault in this situation?

I genuinely thought the responses could not get any worse than Petra R's initial comment but your actual comment is not relevant to anyone anywhere in relation to this topic.

I mostly asked questions because I am trying to understand the situation. 

...also, thanks for telling everyone that your not a trustful business partner and do not share code unless you have been paid first, very greedy person. Business partnerships should be built on trust, mutual respect and value. How would I pay a developer if I have not received any code to fix my current project? I would never work with you as I do not know what planet you are on.

WOW!!!

If a client does not pay on a per-project basis then in point of fact the code is still mine, it is my intellectual property and thus I am under no obligation to deliver it.  You get what you pay for, but you don't get what you DON'T pay for.  It's not my fault you misunderstand my point.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

We encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Mark F.......

You do not make any sense or address any points in this topic. It has only fabricated a tangent that no one needs to discuss or is even relevant.

Please read carefully before commenting in future.

oquintela
Community Member

Matt C wrote:

[…]

Even previous developers who could not complete the tasks **edited for Community Guidelines** or at least provide sections of work that they could complete. […]

And still you've decided to hire the guy...

Olga Q

Yes. This project can be completed in two hours from a dedicated developer. I gave two days out of courtesy.

Anything else?

root_graphics
Community Member

Matt C:

Wow, I am a new freelancer here and really looking for projects and already reading bad reviews about Upwork.  I hope Upwork works it out with you. I've been trying to apply for projects havn't got one approved yet. I was a little iffy like is Upwork real or is it someone just posting fake jobs.  At least I know that there are someone really alive and looking for freelancers to accomplish some goals.  Sorry to hear about that. 

- Brian S.

Brian S

kat303
Community Member

Matt. Concerning the source code (in general) it's a 2 way street concerning the source code. Some developers include it some don't and some want extra compensation after the job is done if a client wants the source code. Clients have complained about not receiving the source code or having to pay extra for it. The (clients) naturally assume that it comes with the completed job and is included in the price. Make sure, in the future, if you need the source code, that you specify that in the contract (in writing) and the amount it will cost for that. Do not release any payment until that requirement (source code) is delivered to you. 

On hourly jobs. - you have for the hours the freelancer puts in not for the quality of the work. But that doesn't mean you have to settle for sub par or shoddy work. You can request that the freelancer deliver all the work they did at the end of each day. or every 2 days etc. You said it defiantly could be done in 2 hours however you gave the freelancer 2 days. You should, after 2 days cancelled the contract if you weren't receiving anything. There was no reason to let this linger for 2 weeks. 

Perhaps this job should start out as a fixed rate with a specific deadline. Start out with a small milestone, and only release the funds allocated for that milestone when you receive the work. Then you can create another milestone etc. 

If you want to keep this job as an hourly job, have a specific outcome to be delivered to you each day. If you don't get the work, cancel the contract. 

And depending on your budget, as Preston sometimes states. Hire a few freelancers. have them complete something small and then hire the one that performs the best (of course paying the other freelancer for their time and effort.)

As for Upwork and this freelancer, I don't think anything can be done. Upwork, just like you can not force a freelancer to respond, or work. It may be upsetting and hard to hear, but Upwork is just a site that freelancers and clients can come together and preform services. Clients as well as freelancers should manage their businesses themselves  

You may be absolutely right that this person is a coward. They may have bit off more then they can chew. They may not have the experience needed to work on your job, but didn't want to come right out and tell you and since this is the internet, they may have felt it much easier to just disappear. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Matt C wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines** has not provided any code and has now gone missing!

He should not have disappeared. However, his manliness has nothing to do with the case. 

So you should have closed the contract. 

Even previous developers who could not complete the tasks **edited for Community Guidelines** or at least provide sections of work that they could complete.

**edited for Community Guidelines** And if you had previous developers who could not entirely complete tasks, then you are making the wrong choices. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines** has pathetically gone into hiding like a child and **edited for Community Guidelines** and quite frankly, should be **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

No contact from the upwork ticket I submitted to help get this sorted and no contact number.

I agree someone should have responded. 

Please somone respond as this is a matter of urgency and I am fed up of terrible developers on upwork damaging companies.....

Again you are making bad choices. Perhaps you should hire a project manager? 

(This is why projects and prices are going down on upwork because the majority of you provide such poor standard of work)

No the majority of us - where on earth do you get "majority" from? - do NOT provide poor work. There is an old saying in English that it is a poor craftsman who blames his tools ... 

If  your project still needs fixing, you may have to start again, but perhaps you should rethink how you word your proposals and be absolutely clear about what you expect from a freelancer and what you are prepared to pay.  You should also check the freelancer's credentials very closely. If someone says they can deliver in two hours, then hold them to it - don't wait two weeks before doing something about it.  

Nicola L..

I am genuinely disgusted and outraged.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Talking about bad choices Nichola I think you have made the worst choice of all here..

Furthermore.

TO ALL "COMMUNITY GURU'S" (I use that term very loosely):

Due to the utter nonsense that you have provided I will no longer reply to any of you.

We have gone from:
1. Hire a better developer and pay more
2. Lol and a wink face
3. Fairy Tail remarks about non payment **edited for Community Guidelines**
4. Complete inaccuracy about the job specifications in question without just asking
And the worst, yourself Nichola L
5. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have never seen or herd of so many people with nothing useful to say all in one place.

Matt C wrote:

I have never seen or herd of so many people with nothing useful to say all in one place.

Political rallyes maybe?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

I checked your open ticket and can see that the agent who handled your case noted that this will be escalated to our Mediation Team, and they will get back to you within 2 to 3 business days. 

Regarding your other freelancer, the agent noted that you can get back to them after 3-business days if he remains unresponsive so that the team can assist you further. 

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community. Posts that do not meet the guidelines will be edited or removed accordingly. 

~ Avery
Upwork

**edited for Community Guidelines**

In reading through this thread this OP has no respect for anyone and probably not even himself but what do I know I'm just a freelance loser like the rest of you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I have closed this thread from further replies from the Community. 

Matt, I would highly recommend that you refer to your open ticket should you need further assistance with regard this issue. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a64c26a3
Community Member

The title says it all!!!!!

Absolutely no response to five emails sent to Upwork Customer Support for developers that run away without completing jobs book through the Upwork Website.

What is the point in Upwork Customer Support signing off with:

"Please feel free to contact us anytime should there be anything that you need assistance with."

... if no one responds 5 days later and five emails later?

Utterly pointless!!!

Here goes another community post....

"GURUS" Don't bother unless you have UNDERSTOOD the post and have something beneficial to say! Not made up scenaorias that no one has mentioned or is even asking you to comment on.....

Actually.... "GURU's" you will not get a responce due to the previous farce.

Sorry about the delay, Matt. I'm following up with the team right now and you should hear back from them shortly. They will continue assisting you directly via your support ticket.

I'll also merge this thread with the thread you previously started about the same issue. Note that further replies have been blocked on the thread, so if you have any further questions, feel free to post them on your open ticket #26234399.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths