🐈
» Forums » Clients » Email change issues
Page options
4d52f5b6
Community Member

Email change issues

Hello,

After closing a Freelancer account with on email, I went to open a Client account with the same email, but it did not allow me to use that email saying "this email is already in use," despite me already closing the account it said the email was being used for. So, I made a separate Client account with a different email. I tried to change the email address to the one I wanted, but again, it said it was already in use.

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiara,

Please note that this is by design and users aren't allowed to reuse an email address associated with a different Upwork account, even after that account is closed.

You can continue using the account you created or close it and ask Customer Support to reopen your previous account, on which you can create a Client profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I know this seems obvious, but to do what you suggested, should I submit a help request or email customer service? I just submitted a help request for the issue I described in my original post. So I'm guessing it will take some time for them to help me resolve the issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiara, 

I checked your account and can see that you filed a ticket on the one that was closed already. I'll go ahead and inform the team so that they can get back to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths