🐈
» Forums » Clients » Ended Contract by Freelancer
Page options
mahmad01261997
Community Member

Ended Contract by Freelancer

I gave a project to freelancer. First I didn't liked his work and he ended contract but after he sent project with alterations it was too much appealing to me I am more than happy with him. 

Please tell me is there any way to resume that contract which he ended without getting any pay?

6 REPLIES 6
vladizlav
Community Member

You cannot resume the contract without him accepting your new offer first. So you have to create a new job ad if you do not have one yet and send him a new offer. 

If he is unresponsive and all you want is just to pay, you can send him the money as a bonus - just find him in the list of your contractors, you will see a Bonus button nearby. Please note that this is a worse way to reward him since the contract closed without your positive feedback hurt his Job Success Score, thus a better way would be to start another contract as described above.

Thank you Vlad, he has accepted new offer from me but you said that zero pay contract will affect his job success score. Is there any way to resume that specific zero pay contract now as he accepted another offer?

Hi Muhammad, 

As previously mentioned by Vlad, a closed contract cannot be reinstated. If you left private feedback for the freelancer, this feedback will affect the freelancer's Job Success Score. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank You Avery, this private feedback can be edited or not?

Hi Muhammad, 

Unfortunately, private feedback cannot be edited. 

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

The Upwork website allows you to communicate with any freelancer you have hired, regardless of whether or not you have an active contract.

So all you need to do is send this freelancer a message and ask him if he would be willing to work for you again.

Whether or not he replies to you, and whether or not he agrees to work for you again, is completely his choice.

Freelancers have no obligation to reply to former clients, and they have no obligation to work for anybody. But if you really want to hire him, you can certainly try reaching out and clearly explaining your interest.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths