🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Error Message "It is not safe to download...
Page options
8bad4511
Community Member

Error Message "It is not safe to download this file

Unable to download a much needed file. It's a powershell script file used for automating windows tasks. The freelancer zipped it and sent it. Please help.  Job Title: Need Powershell Script

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don't use Upwork for these file transfers.

Use your choice of real file transfer tools: FTP, Dropbox, email, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc.

Why do we have to use third party services? Shouldn't upwork make it possible to download the software or data ordered directly?

re: "Why do we have to use third party services?"

Because they work.

I use other tools and they work well. That impresses clients. Clients find me effective and professional. They look at some other freelancers and wonder why they don't have their act together.

Which do you want to be?

re: "Shouldn't upwork make it possible to download the software or data ordered directly?"

That is a philosophical question. Some people say yes. Some people say no. I don't care.

You need to understand that Upwork employees sincerely believe that the Upwork system can be used for transferring many types of files... maybe all the files that a client needs. But it just doesn't work. It is never going to work. They mean well. But the Upwork tool intentionally implements many security protocols and that means blocking some files and interfering with files.

I let them do their thing and I just take care of business using FTP, Dropbox, etc.

So I have more fun.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neddrick,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with downloading the file you're referring to. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rafael_garza
Community Member

I got really good information from this content.thanks for sharing.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths