cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error while trying to complete the contract

Izabela B Member Since: Jan 17, 2016
1 of 52

HELP!
I have made around 7-8 attempts to hire a freelancer. After filling out all required fields and pressing the " Hire ..." button, I am getting the following error:

"An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again"

The error DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY FURTHER DETAILS and DOES NOT indicate which entry might be wrong.

In the last 24 hours I tried to submit the contract on:

- 3 different computers,
- 2 different operating system, windows 7 and windows 10,
- different browsers
- two different internet networks

Additionally, I deleted the cache and restarted the computers several times.

Ace Contributor
Armela C Member Since: Jun 6, 2015
2 of 52

Isabela,  can  I mention  that  there was  a  Maintenace  Website  task last two  nites  ago? 

At  that  time,  the US Upwor Website was  up  and  the  Upwork-odesk  Webpage  was  also  up.  Somehow  deductively  while  clicking  my  cursors,  I  didnt have  access. 

There must  have  been  an interface  down  coz  the  Phil  and  US  sites  were  not integrated  at  that  time.

Now,  the Community Link  is   okay  from  the  intalled  app  of  Upwork  when  you  first  Sign  Up   before  you log-in.   It  must be  Transit.   Try clicking  the  Job  Tracker,  if you already  have  that and click  the  Customer  Support.  That  should   do  it. 

I  dont  have a contract too ,  as  of  now, and my  Client -Interview  has hired but  dont  show in  webpage.  Ask  the Admin Support  for  the Webmaster  or Webmaster  Program ,  if there  is. **edited for Community Guidelines**

I hope  to  follow  this  post  to get  some  info  too.

Armela  Y  Camara

3 of 52

Armela,
I have already contacted the support center. The only advice I've been given was to clear the browser cache and cookies and to restart the browser. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 52

Izabella,

Is your payment method verified? Are you hiring hourly or fixed rate?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 52

Hi Izabela,

Can you please confirm if your PayPal account is linked to a credit card or a bank account? Can you please set your credit card as a primary billing method and let me know if you're able to complete the hiring process?

6 of 52

Vladimir,
I have a verified Paypal account which is linked to a bank account. I am getting the same error when I am using Paypal and my credit card as a primary payment option. I also tried to make a deposit for the whole project and to cover the first milestones. In both cases once again the same error "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.!

I contacted the customer support 4 days ago and so far I have not gotten any help except that my request has been forwarded to the technical support. Including today, I have made already more than 10 attempts to complete and send the hiring contract.

7 of 52

Hi Izabela,

I'm sorry you're still having issues with your payment method. I see our team replied on your ticket earlier today and shared instructions on how to enter your billing details and send another offer. 

Please check your open ticket and let us know if this time you were able to successfully send an offer.

8 of 52

Vladimir,
I was advised to manually input my billing details. Unfortunately, this didn't help.
I also added another credit card, tried to compete the hiring contract using the new credit card as a payment option and I got the exact same error.
Moreover, I followed the advice to clear my DNS cache and to login using  a VPN. Both didn't help.

9 of 52

Hi Izabela,

I'm really sorry you're still experiencing this issue. Thanks for following our instructions and sharing your feedback with Support. I see our team if investigating the issue further and will share more information as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Highlighted
10 of 52

Vladimir,
I am wondering what else can I do to submit the contract.

So far I have used:
- 3 different computers,
- 2 different operating system, windows 7 and windows 10,
- different browsers
- different internet networks
- I deleted the cache and restarted the computers several times
- I cleared my DNS cache and used a VPN to login and submit the contract
- I added another credit card, tried to compete the hiring contract using the new credit card as a payment option and I got the exact same error.
"An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again"
- I entered manually my billing details
- I tried to make a deposit for the whole project and to cover the first milestones.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS