🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Error while trying to complete the contra...
Page options
665eb5c6
Community Member

Error while trying to complete the contract

HELP!
I have made around 7-8 attempts to hire a freelancer. After filling out all required fields and pressing the " Hire ..." button, I am getting the following error:

"An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again"

The error DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY FURTHER DETAILS and DOES NOT indicate which entry might be wrong.

In the last 24 hours I tried to submit the contract on:

- 3 different computers,
- 2 different operating system, windows 7 and windows 10,
- different browsers
- two different internet networks

Additionally, I deleted the cache and restarted the computers several times.

55 REPLIES 55
c70e49be
Community Member

Thank you, now is stating that my card cannot be "authorized"?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are more than welcome, Dalibor. 

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to set up your billing method. Your billing method is active but the charge on your card was declined. Please double check with your bank about this or add another billing method in order to fix this issue. To learn more about our billing methods accepted on Upwork check out this Guide, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
2d4d8e2c
Community Member

Same problem ( Somebody have solution?

Hi Artem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the problem

Hello Vadym,

I solved the problem by, changing two things :
- joigned files

- contract content

they both contained <xml> code that was not accepted by Upwork's security check, wehn I was tryingto save contract.

Just try to relmove joigned files or change content > you'll see 🙂
Regards,

More than 2.5 years after the original post, I had the same problem. Good grief upwork, get it together. I did what Izabela suggested and hired the freelancer from my saved list. This is unaccaptable.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your issue, Izabela. 

Will you please share what were the steps you took that lead you to the error? I would like to try and replicate it from my end. I'll wait for your message!

@Izabela P wrote:

More than 2.5 years after the original post, I had the same problem. Good grief upwork, get it together. I did what Izabela suggested and hired the freelancer from my saved list. This is unaccaptable.

~ Avery
Upwork
ac929fec
Community Member

I found a freelancer I wanted to work with. I clicked on "invite to job", filled in all the required info, and when I clicked on "submit" or whatever the button was at the end, I kept getting the same error as the OP.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for responding, Izabela. I've shared this with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d3d571ad
Community Member

Sorry, Izabela, I understand your sitch.

I"m "financially limited" according to their broken-down glitched out system.

And I can't post a job either.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles, 

Please try adding a primary payment method to your account. After adding a payment method, let me know if the issue persists. 

@Charles W wrote:

Sorry, Izabela, I understand your sitch.

I"m "financially limited" according to their broken-down glitched out system.

And I can't post a job either.

~ Avery
Upwork
e9874bd1
Community Member

The same thing is happening to me now. 

It's outrageous that after years of people posting in this thread the bug still exists. This error needs to be more descriptive, telling us exactly what we need to do to fix it rather than giving a generic and useles "Error occurred" message. 

Worst of all, every time I try one of the random fixes I need to fill out the entire hiring form again.. Spending hours on this is such a waste of time and really turns me off to Upwork.

Edit: I fixed it by adding an address to my profile. This is a total mystery fix, you NEED to change this error message to actually tell users what they need to do instead of making them spend hours guessing and then googling to find this thread and trying all the random clear cache etc fixes first. 

Hi Travis,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. I've shared this with the team. If you have any questions, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

This is seriously frustrating, I have been trying to hire a freelancer for a project, and after completing all the talks, it turns out I am unable to pay her as the system wont accept my card, it is not even allowing me to pay via paypal as there is some error. I would like to tell you, this is really frustrating and humilating. Please look into the issue and help me out with a resolution. This particular thread is atleast 4 year old, but I am really astonished to see, the problem still exists in the system.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Subhradeep,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths