🐈
» Forums » Clients » Error while trying to complete the contract
Page options
665eb5c6
Community Member

Error while trying to complete the contract

HELP!
I have made around 7-8 attempts to hire a freelancer. After filling out all required fields and pressing the " Hire ..." button, I am getting the following error:

"An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again"

The error DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY FURTHER DETAILS and DOES NOT indicate which entry might be wrong.

In the last 24 hours I tried to submit the contract on:

- 3 different computers,
- 2 different operating system, windows 7 and windows 10,
- different browsers
- two different internet networks

Additionally, I deleted the cache and restarted the computers several times.

55 REPLIES 55
aycamara
Community Member

Isabela,  can  I mention  that  there was  a  Maintenace  Website  task last two  nites  ago? 

At  that  time,  the US Upwor Website was  up  and  the  Upwork-odesk  Webpage  was  also  up.  Somehow  deductively  while  clicking  my  cursors,  I  didnt have  access. 

There must  have  been  an interface  down  coz  the  Phil  and  US  sites  were  not integrated  at  that  time.

Now,  the Community Link  is   okay  from  the  intalled  app  of  Upwork  when  you  first  Sign  Up   before  you log-in.   It  must be  Transit.   Try clicking  the  Job  Tracker,  if you already  have  that and click  the  Customer  Support.  That  should   do  it. 

I  dont  have a contract too ,  as  of  now, and my  Client -Interview  has hired but  dont  show in  webpage.  Ask  the Admin Support  for  the Webmaster  or Webmaster  Program ,  if there  is. **edited for Community Guidelines**

I hope  to  follow  this  post  to get  some  info  too.

Armela  Y  Camara

Armela,
I have already contacted the support center. The only advice I've been given was to clear the browser cache and cookies and to restart the browser. 

petra_r
Community Member

Izabella,

Is your payment method verified? Are you hiring hourly or fixed rate?

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Izabela,

Can you please confirm if your PayPal account is linked to a credit card or a bank account? Can you please set your credit card as a primary billing method and let me know if you're able to complete the hiring process?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir,
I have a verified Paypal account which is linked to a bank account. I am getting the same error when I am using Paypal and my credit card as a primary payment option. I also tried to make a deposit for the whole project and to cover the first milestones. In both cases once again the same error "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.!

I contacted the customer support 4 days ago and so far I have not gotten any help except that my request has been forwarded to the technical support. Including today, I have made already more than 10 attempts to complete and send the hiring contract.

Hi Izabela,

I'm sorry you're still having issues with your payment method. I see our team replied on your ticket earlier today and shared instructions on how to enter your billing details and send another offer. 

Please check your open ticket and let us know if this time you were able to successfully send an offer.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir,
I was advised to manually input my billing details. Unfortunately, this didn't help.
I also added another credit card, tried to compete the hiring contract using the new credit card as a payment option and I got the exact same error.
Moreover, I followed the advice to clear my DNS cache and to login using  a VPN. Both didn't help.

Hi Izabela,

I'm really sorry you're still experiencing this issue. Thanks for following our instructions and sharing your feedback with Support. I see our team if investigating the issue further and will share more information as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir,
I am wondering what else can I do to submit the contract.

So far I have used:
- 3 different computers,
- 2 different operating system, windows 7 and windows 10,
- different browsers
- different internet networks
- I deleted the cache and restarted the computers several times
- I cleared my DNS cache and used a VPN to login and submit the contract
- I added another credit card, tried to compete the hiring contract using the new credit card as a payment option and I got the exact same error.
"An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again"
- I entered manually my billing details
- I tried to make a deposit for the whole project and to cover the first milestones.

I have he same problem as Izabela. And my billing method has been working for 3 years now, until yesterday !
What's hapenning ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Hi Sébastien,

Have you been able to hire the freelancer? I don't see any issues with the payment method on the client-company you manage.

~ Valeria
Upwork
cheyenne-leo
Community Member

Try this; 

Go to your command prompt option. In windows 10, you can find it by entering CMD into your search bar on your desktop. Open your command prompt, it will be a black screen. Type in (just like this with no spaces) 

ipconfig/flushdns

hit enter and it should tell you that it succesfully cleared your DNS cache. When that is done, try again. 

Cheyenne,
I cleared my DNS cache but the error still remains.
Izabela

Hi Isabela, I just read your email and see you are still having some problems. May I ask where you are, Isabela when all these issues are happening? Hope you get a solution on these as soon as you can.
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Izabela,

Could you please check a private messages I have sent you? Just click on the "Messages" in the upper-left corner on this page.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, thank you so much for reaching out to me. I was just about to close my Upwork account, my experience with the website was more than frustrating. In the last 10 days I was not given any substantial help either from the live chat representatives or the phone support.

This is the path to the contract site which I have been using and where the "Hire button' DOES NOT work: Messages regarding a particular job > Messages with the freelancer regarding a particular job > "Make an Offer" button > Contract website.

The approach that finally worked was putting the freelancer on a "Saved Freelancer " list and hiring from there. The entire time I was convinced that something is wrong with the data in my account.

I was not aware that the error "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again" depends on FROM WHERE you will access the contract/hire website. This needs to be fixed otherwise there is no need for a "button" which leads to nowhere.

Hi Izabela,

I am glad to hear you were able to send an offer after all. Thank you for explaining how it went, I will definitely share the details you provided with our engineers so they could dig deeper and see why it didn't work earlier.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Having the same issue as Izabela.

I followed Izabela's advise and saved the freelancer and clicked view profile -> hire from the saved freelancer list.

Unfortuantelly it didn't help and still getting "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.". 

Can you advice?

Hi Pawel,

I see you already have a ticket open about this issue. We'll have an agent reply and assist you shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Pawel,

I see you already have a ticket open about this issue. We'll have an agent reply and assist you shortly.

I raised a ticket with the support team. A week passed. The issue is still not fixed.

Can someone help me ?

I can't hire a freelancer. I'm getting a error message "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.".  The message gives no clue what's behind the error.

Attaching the screenshot.

Hi Pawel,

I'm sorry about the problem you're having. I'll ask someone from our team to follow up with you directly via your ticket. Please keep checking for further updates.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. Please fix ASAP.

Hi David,

It looks like the team has already escalated the ticket you submitted about this issue. They will keep you updated using that ticket as well.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. Please fix.I tried to do it yesterday and today.

An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.

I cant hire. my payment method is verified.

Hi Jean,

Could you please update your contact information and address under your Settings and try to send an offer again?

~ Valeria
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexey,

Did you already tried troubleshooting,  clearing cache and another browsers?
Let me know if this did not worked for you, and i will escalate your problem.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I tried. As a result of the finished work, I added a large block of Russian text (through copy of the text from buffer) and got the appropriate error. If I insert only one sentence (without copying from the buffer). the error is not repeated. 

509f24cd
Community Member

hello,

I have the same problem when i try to hire a freelancer

An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.

Any solution?

Hello Harris,

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Or tried a different browser? If the problem still persists, please reply on this thread.

Untitled

I am having the same error !

weerayut-cen
Community Member

I also get an error.
Try to submit several times and failed.

I clear all cache cookie, switch to another browser but still failed to hire freelancer.

Then I try to check the request & response to server.
I got 500 internal server error. And unclear error message.

I don't know how to deal with this problem.

Anyone still got this problem?

Hi Weerayut,

Kindly refer to Valeria's previous response. Please make sure that your contact information and address under your Settings are complete and try to send an offer again.

I'm having the same problem.

"An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again."

Tried everything, but nothing works. Some other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Romeu,

I see you were able to send an offer and set up a contract an hour ago, let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am having the same problem.

Tried to hire a freelancer about 7 times.

Hi Mike,

I checked and it looks like you were able to update your billing method, send an offer and hire the freelancer you shortlisted.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi there,

I have the same problem, tried everything stated in previous posts and still I'm receiving an error.

Please advice.

Thank you

Dalibor 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dalibor,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths