cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to complete the contract

Sébastien G Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
11 of 52

I have he same problem as Izabela. And my billing method has been working for 3 years now, until yesterday !
What's hapenning ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 52

Hi Sébastien,

Have you been able to hire the freelancer? I don't see any issues with the payment method on the client-company you manage.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Cheyenne L Member Since: Mar 16, 2015
13 of 52

Try this; 

Go to your command prompt option. In windows 10, you can find it by entering CMD into your search bar on your desktop. Open your command prompt, it will be a black screen. Type in (just like this with no spaces) 

ipconfig/flushdns

hit enter and it should tell you that it succesfully cleared your DNS cache. When that is done, try again. 

Izabela B Member Since: Jan 17, 2016
14 of 52

Cheyenne,
I cleared my DNS cache but the error still remains.
Izabela

Ace Contributor
Armela C Member Since: Jun 6, 2015
15 of 52
Hi Isabela, I just read your email and see you are still having some problems. May I ask where you are, Isabela when all these issues are happening? Hope you get a solution on these as soon as you can.
16 of 52

Hi Izabela,

Could you please check a private messages I have sent you? Just click on the "Messages" in the upper-left corner on this page.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Izabela B Member Since: Jan 17, 2016
17 of 52

Valeria, thank you so much for reaching out to me. I was just about to close my Upwork account, my experience with the website was more than frustrating. In the last 10 days I was not given any substantial help either from the live chat representatives or the phone support.

This is the path to the contract site which I have been using and where the "Hire button' DOES NOT work: Messages regarding a particular job > Messages with the freelancer regarding a particular job > "Make an Offer" button > Contract website.

The approach that finally worked was putting the freelancer on a "Saved Freelancer " list and hiring from there. The entire time I was convinced that something is wrong with the data in my account.

I was not aware that the error "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again" depends on FROM WHERE you will access the contract/hire website. This needs to be fixed otherwise there is no need for a "button" which leads to nowhere.

18 of 52

Hi Izabela,

I am glad to hear you were able to send an offer after all. Thank you for explaining how it went, I will definitely share the details you provided with our engineers so they could dig deeper and see why it didn't work earlier.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Pawel P Member Since: Aug 7, 2016
19 of 52

Having the same issue as Izabela.

I followed Izabela's advise and saved the freelancer and clicked view profile -> hire from the saved freelancer list.

Unfortuantelly it didn't help and still getting "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.". 

Can you advice?

20 of 52

Hi Pawel,

I see you already have a ticket open about this issue. We'll have an agent reply and assist you shortly.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS