cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow - Milestone

S T Member Since: Jul 13, 2017
1 of 4

I am aware that several milestones should have been set up for this project, but I am working with a situation that is not optimal and would like help to do what I need.

I established an escrow of $700 for a single milestone and already released $300 for completion of SOME of the work required. When I went to release another $150 as more work completed, I could not. I could only add a bonus.

I would like to pay $200 more now out of the escrow, and not charge more money to my credit card. Then, I would like to release another $200 next week when the project is complete. 

How can I do this?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 4

You'll need to set up another milestone. I believe the balance in your first milestone will automatically transfer to the new milestone, and from that you can release the amount you want.

S T Member Since: Jul 13, 2017
3 of 4

Thank you. It looks like that worked!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 4

You're welcome. Milestones can be confusing.

This is from a post by Vlad (one of the forum moderators): If you fully fund a project, you can click the Pay Now button next to the first milestone and edit the amount you're releasing to your freelancer, in which case the remaining funds can be used to fund the subsequent milestone(s) on a contract.

All this should be agreed upon by you and your freelancer beforehand, of course.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS