cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow issue, and scam from both freelancer and Upwork

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
21 of 25

Also bear in mind that disputing the payment via PayPal (instead of using Upwork's system which you agreed to use by posting a job in the first place), you stand to have your client account suspended.

It seems unlikely that the freelancer in this case would pay the arbitration fee, which means you would win arbitration by default. Also note that the arbitration fee does NOT go to Upwork, it goes to the third party arbitrator. Upwork has to also pay part of the arbitration fee.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
22 of 25

@Jennifer D wrote:

Also bear in mind that disputing the payment via PayPal (instead of using Upwork's system which you agreed to use by posting a job in the first place), you stand to have your client account suspended.

It seems unlikely that the freelancer in this case would pay the arbitration fee, which means you would win arbitration by default. Also note that the arbitration fee does NOT go to Upwork, it goes to the third party arbitrator. Upwork has to also pay part of the arbitration fee.

I asked moderator Vladimir about this once. His reply was that Upwork is under no obligation to pay a third of the arbitration fee, but they do it as a courtesy to both parties to the dispute to reduce the cost of arbitration for those involved.

Robert B Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
23 of 25

Freaking hilarious! I want to know this super secret way you are going to use PayPal to FORCE Upwork to pay you back, that must be a real gem. I'm surprised the Upwork people are even bothering to deal with you seriously. Your whole comment is so laughable it can't be real. Are you yanking our chains?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 25

@Robert B wrote:

Freaking hilarious! I want to know this super secret way you are going to use PayPal to FORCE Upwork to pay you back, that must be a real gem. 

Look up "Chargeback"

Johann C Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
BEST ANSWER
25 of 25

Thank you for all your support.

I had my answers.

I consider case closed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS