🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Escrow refund, job cancellation
Page options
46214b77
Community Member

Escrow refund, job cancellation

Upwork canceled a contract that the freelancer was working on for me. Upwork sent a escrow refund to the freelancer which he approved. We wish to continue the project. The free lancer sent me a new contract, however I can't find it until the refund is processed. What are my options? How long will this process take?
7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randolph, 

It looks like the milestone was funded, but it was never released to the freelancer. As such the contract was closed for inactivity, and the system initiated a refund request to the freelancer. Fixed-price contracts with money in escrow and no activity for 90 days will be considered “dormant.” This prevents money from being held in escrow for too long. Please see section 4 of the Fixed Price Escrow Instructions details on how dormant contract situations are resolved. You may also read this help article for more information. 

I checked your account and it looks like the refund has already been credited back to your billing method. This refund should be processed within five business days. 

~ Avery
Upwork
46214b77
Community Member

Thank you. Is there anyway you can tell me which billing method the refund was credited to?
petra_r
Community Member

Randolph M wrote:
Thank you. Is there anyway you can tell me which billing method the refund was credited to?

It is always the one it was funded from.

46214b77
Community Member

My reason for asking is I have a new billing account. The account I funded the job through is closed. Any idea what happens in this situation?
petra_r
Community Member

Randolph M wrote:
My reason for asking is I have a new billing account. The account I funded the job through is closed. Any idea what happens in this situation?

Ah. Sorry, can't help with that 🙂 I expect it will bounce back and get applied as a balance on your Upwork account and you can fund the next job from that.

Hi Randolph,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks all so much. Greatly appreciated.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths