cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow refund, job cancellation

Randolph M Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
1 of 8
Upwork canceled a contract that the freelancer was working on for me. Upwork sent a escrow refund to the freelancer which he approved. We wish to continue the project. The free lancer sent me a new contract, however I can't find it until the refund is processed. What are my options? How long will this process take?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Randolph, 

It looks like the milestone was funded, but it was never released to the freelancer. As such the contract was closed for inactivity, and the system initiated a refund request to the freelancer. Fixed-price contracts with money in escrow and no activity for 90 days will be considered “dormant.” This prevents money from being held in escrow for too long. Please see section 4 of the Fixed Price Escrow Instructions details on how dormant contract situations are resolved. You may also read this help article for more information. 

I checked your account and it looks like the refund has already been credited back to your billing method. This refund should be processed within five business days. 

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 8
Thank you. Is there anyway you can tell me which billing method the refund was credited to?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

Randolph M wrote:
Thank you. Is there anyway you can tell me which billing method the refund was credited to?

It is always the one it was funded from.

5 of 8
My reason for asking is I have a new billing account. The account I funded the job through is closed. Any idea what happens in this situation?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

Randolph M wrote:
My reason for asking is I have a new billing account. The account I funded the job through is closed. Any idea what happens in this situation?

Ah. Sorry, can't help with that Smiley Happy I expect it will bounce back and get applied as a balance on your Upwork account and you can fund the next job from that.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 8

Hi Randolph,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

Untitled
8 of 8
Thanks all so much. Greatly appreciated.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS