🐈
» Forums » Clients » Escrow refund missing
Page options
557e5a24
Community Member

Escrow refund missing

My contract with a freelancer was ended due to inactivity.

Neither I nor the freelancer intended this to happen, but sometimes things happen despite good intentions on both sides. We will finish the project soon with a new contract.

However, before that can happen, some money is missing. The freelancer approved an escrow refund when the contract ended. Two months later, no refund has yet appeared in my PayPal account. Where is the problem?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your message, Ryan C. Yes, customer support did reply very quickly with an explanation of the situation, which I appreciated.

For anyone in the community who might have a similar experience, I will skip the tedious details, and suggest you go to Reports/Transactions on the Upwork homepage. If that isn't enough (as it wasn't for me), I recommend that you contact Customer Support. To contact Customer Support requires two steps. Click on 'Help & Support' at the bottom of the Upwork home page. Now, click on the big green 'Get Help' button at the bottom right. That is your portal to Customer Support. It's not hard to find, but not quite obvious either. 'Get Help' could mean you get to talk to Customer Support, or it could mean everything else but Customer Support as happens on some web sites such as Yahoo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jeffrey,

I just checked your account and I could see that you already reached out to our customer support team. Our representative just replied to you through the support ticket you created. Thank you.

Untitled

Thanks for your message, Ryan C. Yes, customer support did reply very quickly with an explanation of the situation, which I appreciated.

For anyone in the community who might have a similar experience, I will skip the tedious details, and suggest you go to Reports/Transactions on the Upwork homepage. If that isn't enough (as it wasn't for me), I recommend that you contact Customer Support. To contact Customer Support requires two steps. Click on 'Help & Support' at the bottom of the Upwork home page. Now, click on the big green 'Get Help' button at the bottom right. That is your portal to Customer Support. It's not hard to find, but not quite obvious either. 'Get Help' could mean you get to talk to Customer Support, or it could mean everything else but Customer Support as happens on some web sites such as Yahoo.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths